Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hydraulic roof hoses

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Alexltw

Hydraulic roof hoses

Post by Alexltw » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:04 pm

Hi silly Newbie here
Just replaced hydraulic hoses for the roof on an 03 .
I had labelled hoses but they have come off 😣can you please tell me which hoses go where on the pump ?
Ie both hoses from one ram go to the same banjo bolt or do hoses from both arms ie top hoses from both to the same banjo and bottom hoses from rams to the same banjo .
Sorry for the waffle .
How do you get the roof weather strip easily back in please
Cheers

Bottom

Hydraulic roof hoses

Post by Bottom » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:07 am

The hoses have the pressures printed on them I think. It's easy enough to see which go where. Unless your new hoses are non OEM?

I used some Halfords rubber lube stuff to help slide the strip back in, it went in a bit easier than I expected.

Alexltw

Hydraulic roof hoses

Post by Alexltw » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:15 pm

Cheers not oem
Found wich side of the pump is for closure now trying to work out if it's the connector closest to the floor on the rams needing to be connected to the close side of pump ie does the ram push down from the top or does it push up from the ground to close

Alexltw

Hydraulic roof hoses

Post by Alexltw » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:37 am

All sorted
The pump was upgraded in 2006 and comes with no numbers on it .
So lower frame ram lines 11/13 go to the left of the pump and the upper ram lines 12/14 go to the right easy when you know how 😊