Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Advice with sale of Z4

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
DPG
Lifer
Lifer

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by DPG » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:02 pm

Jonny English wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:59 pm
DPG wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:55 pm Good to see you’ve still got it JonnyEssex.

You certainly spent quite a bit on this
Yeah not for long tho, just wanted it to go to good home, but I think even getting 6k for it would be a hard push hence me thinking about selling sills, bonnet and front bumper and things like steering wheel, maybe even BBK
You’ll certainly get more splitting it if you’ve got the time

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by PerryGunn » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:05 pm

Jonny English wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:59 pm
DPG wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:55 pm Good to see you’ve still got it JonnyEssex.

You certainly spent quite a bit on this
Yeah not for long tho, just wanted it to go to good home, but I think even getting 6k for it would be a hard push hence me thinking about selling sills, bonnet and front bumper and things like steering wheel, maybe even BBK
You're bound to get someone interested in the seats as well - easy to swap and, as your car's silver, they can be swapped with red or black originals.
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

Jonny English

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by Jonny English » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:08 pm

PerryGunn wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:05 pm You're bound to get someone interested in the seats as well - easy to swap and, as your car's silver, they can be swapped with red or black originals.
How much u think I could get for seats plus door cards as well as they are done too, and there’s isn’t a single sign of wear on them which shouldn’t be of no surprise lol.

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by Zedebee » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:12 pm

Jonny English wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:36 pm F1D210DA-A7D4-4E6F-A40B-A85B89E8C27D.png
This is what I’ve just seen on Auto trader, and has more millage and no visible mods, it’s at £7495, plus another as at £6500 and again same bit more millage and no visible mods.
Just . . . Completely unrealistic.

Furthermore (and I may be being controversial here), Jonny’s is an amazing looking car - absolutely top job - but why would you go to all that trouble and expense with a 2.0l when you could have a car with performance to match the looks for not much more money?
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by PerryGunn » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:14 pm

Jonny English wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:08 pm
PerryGunn wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:05 pm You're bound to get someone interested in the seats as well - easy to swap and, as your car's silver, they can be swapped with red or black originals.
How much u think I could get for seats plus door cards as well as they are done too, and there’s isn’t a single sign of wear on them which shouldn’t be of no surprise lol.
Good question - I haven't got a clue :lol: but I'm sure someone will take a fancy to them and, while they may make the car more attractive to a buyer, they'll add little to the value.

Out of interest, knowing how much you doted on the car and how much time/effort/money you spent getting it just how you wanted it - and generating some of the longest 'should I do this mod' forum threads in the process - why have you finally decided to sell it?
Alpina Roadster S #320

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by PerryGunn » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:16 pm

Zedebee wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:12 pm Furthermore (and I may be being controversial here), Jonny’s is an amazing looking car - absolutely top job - but why would you go to all that trouble and expense with a 2.0l when you could have a car with performance to match the looks for not much more money?
Ahhh, there's an awful lot of forum history tied up in the answer to that question - a full answer would probably be as long as one of Jonny's 'mod threads'
Alpina Roadster S #320

Jonny English

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by Jonny English » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:37 pm

Zedebee wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:12 pm Good question - I haven't got a clue :lol: but I'm sure someone will take a fancy to them and, while they may make the car more attractive to a buyer, they'll add little to the value.

Out of interest, knowing how much you doted on the car and how much time/effort/money you spent getting it just how you wanted it - and generating some of the longest 'should I do this mod' forum threads in the process - why have you finally decided to sell it?
I spent so much effort and money on the car that I became too scared to even drive it now and then, very odd mentality to have I know and the car is doing nothing for me now, I want to sell and then put money towards a Ford Ranger wildtrak, completely different I know but the Z4 is awful as a practical car and I’m into camping and trekking etc so a truck would work far far better for me. I would suggest to your members who are thinking of modding is tbh not too, complete waste of money unless your very wealthy and money no object.

Jonny English

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by Jonny English » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:39 pm

Zedebee wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:12 pm
Jonny English wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:36 pm F1D210DA-A7D4-4E6F-A40B-A85B89E8C27D.png
This is what I’ve just seen on Auto trader, and has more millage and no visible mods, it’s at £7495, plus another as at £6500 and again same bit more millage and no visible mods.
Just . . . Completely unrealistic.

Furthermore (and I may be being controversial here), Jonny’s is an amazing looking car - absolutely top job - but why would you go to all that trouble and expense with a 2.0l when you could have a car with performance to match the looks for not much more money?
I bought the car from new and had a emotional attachment to the car at the time, but you are completely right in what your saying, I do agree totally. :thumbsup:

tiglon

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by tiglon » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:22 pm

The car looks brilliant, possibly the best looking e85 I've ever seen, but... £7.5k for a 2.0? Seems unlikely. Yes there might be one or two on Autotrader at that price, but if they're still on Autotrader it means they haven't sold...

Mods don't make sense financially, but hopefully you've had plenty of value them during your ownership and thoroughly enjoyed your creation, it's genuinely beautiful.
2014 E89 35is Valencia Orange 788M wheels (M2 Competition), E90 M3 control arms, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, MHD Stage 1

Jonny English

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by Jonny English » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:36 pm

tiglon wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:22 pm The car looks brilliant, possibly the best looking e85 I've ever seen, but... £7.5k for a 2.0? Seems unlikely. Yes there might be one or two on Autotrader at that price, but if they're still on Autotrader it means they haven't sold...

Mods don't make sense financially, but hopefully you've had plenty of value them during your ownership and thoroughly enjoyed your creation, it's genuinely beautiful.
Very kind of you to say, it has a lot of love over the years.
Well I’m thinking of selling the aero skirts, M bonnet and front bumper, rear face lift bumper as has a reiger diffuser attached, the face life rear lights, my seats and door cards, M steering wheel and the 19” 313 rep with MPSS tyres with a straight swap too with buyers old parts with any body parts also being silver, think I make fair feel thousand then sell the car as a whole after.

Worcester_spoon

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by Worcester_spoon » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:54 pm

Mmmm, M bonnet, straight swap with mine…
03 Z4R 3.0i/Silver/custom quad/330d brake upgrade/LSD/G-Power supercharger/FIC 365cc injectors/Severn Tuning map

Jonny English

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by Jonny English » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:01 pm

Worcester_spoon wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:54 pm Mmmm, M bonnet, straight swap with mine…
If your serious and your car is same colour we can talk money. :thumbsup:

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by PerryGunn » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:11 pm

Probably best to start a new thread about the parts Jonny - or, possibly, multiple threads if you want to do one per item (I'm sure you can remember how to do that :lol: ). You'll get more views than in a 'sale advice' thread.

List what you want to swap for OEM parts plus cash. You've just got to work out the cash balance you'd be happy with for each part, it'll be less than you'd get just selling the parts but you need the replacement OEM bits and, for some parts, an extra pair of hands to make the two-way swap between cars.
Alpina Roadster S #320

Jonny English

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by Jonny English » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:28 pm

PerryGunn wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:11 pm Probably best to start a new thread about the parts Jonny - or, possibly, multiple threads if you want to do one per item (I'm sure you can remember how to do that :lol: ). You'll get more views than in a 'sale advice' thread.

List what you want to swap for OEM parts plus cash. You've just got to work out the cash balance you'd be happy with for each part, it'll be less than you'd get just selling the parts but you need the replacement OEM bits and, for some parts, an extra pair of hands to make the two-way swap between cars.
Good advice and yeah I will thanks, it’s just difficult to work some prices out like my seats for example, so I might have to ask on here first then when I have a price in mind move it to sale thread, would that be ok?

Optinium

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by Optinium » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:57 pm

Some guestimates on the parts based on experience.

- Bumper is worth ~£750 if in good condition (they can be had for less then £1000 painted and fitted, they're ~£750 on ebay used).
- The seats and door cards are harder to price as they're nice but a bit niche. A standard red interior goes for £500 to £900 depending on condition, I think the upper end sounds good for them.
- Bonnet ~£500-700 (new they can be had for £1400 painted and fitted).
- Aero skirts, can't be had new, last 2 lots I've seen have sold for £850, some were put up at £1000 but actually sold for £850. I guess around that makes sense based on condition.
- I'd say atleast £500 (probably more) for the wheels/tyres
- I'd say around £300-400 for the rear bumper, I'm not familiar with it, I think MStyle sell it for a few hundred.

I think if you were to part/swap them bits you'd get ~£2-2.5k, and get around £3.5-4k for the car in a more standard guise, it would be easier to sell I bet as well.

Youtube: Car Beard Instagram: its_car_beard
Current: 2015 F-Type R RWD, 2022 Tucson N-Line S

Gone: 2021 GR Supra Pro 2007 E86 Z4MC 2016 F-TYPE R AWD Convertible, 2014 F-TYPE V6S, 2007 E86 Z4MC, 2010 E89 Z4 23iSdrive