Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Advice with sale of Z4

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Jonny English

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by Jonny English » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:05 am

Optinium wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:57 pm Some guestimates on the parts based on experience.

- Bumper is worth ~£750 if in good condition (they can be had for less then £1000 painted and fitted, they're ~£750 on ebay used).
- The seats and door cards are harder to price as they're nice but a bit niche. A standard red interior goes for £500 to £900 depending on condition, I think the upper end sounds good for them.
- Bonnet ~£500-700 (new they can be had for £1400 painted and fitted).
- Aero skirts, can't be had new, last 2 lots I've seen have sold for £850, some were put up at £1000 but actually sold for £850. I guess around that makes sense based on condition.
- I'd say atleast £500 (probably more) for the wheels/tyres
- I'd say around £300-400 for the rear bumper, I'm not familiar with it, I think MStyle sell it for a few hundred.

I think if you were to part/swap them bits you'd get ~£2-2.5k, and get around £3.5-4k for the car in a more standard guise, it would be easier to sell I bet as well.
Great saves me having to make a new thread lol, only things left are M steering wheel tri colour stitching £250? and rear face lift lights £300? and the D2 red BBK 6 pot front and 4 pot rear on 330 drilled and grooved disks, they cost me £2500 but the buyer would need to come to me swap the both sets of brakes round on both my cars so would need to know how to do that too, what you on cost for those?

Optinium

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by Optinium » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:54 am

Jonny English wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:05 am Great saves me having to make a new thread lol, only things left are M steering wheel tri colour stitching £250? and rear face lift lights £300? and the D2 red BBK 6 pot front and 4 pot rear on 330 drilled and grooved disks, they cost me £2500 but the buyer would need to come to me swap the both sets of brakes round on both my cars so would need to know how to do that too, what you on cost for those?
They seem to be good prices for the wheel and lights, infact I'd say if you were just selling the wheel and it's in good condition then it could probably fetch closer to £400, average to scrappy ones go for £250ish.

The rear clusters on LCI models go for around £150-170 per side, good front lights are between £250-400 depending on condition.

The brakes are hard to price, having them on the car also limits wheel options for potential buyers, plus it's a pain to remove/replace on a driveway. If it were me I'd leave them on, sell the wheels and get some other cheaper BMW alloys that fit, If I was parting the vehicle outright I'd put a price of £1,000 on them but I might be waaaay off with that, not sure of their worth to most 2.0 owners, if they fit higher spec models or other cars with more performance it would help their case I'm sure.

Youtube: Car Beard Instagram: its_car_beard
Current: 2015 F-Type R RWD, 2022 Tucson N-Line S

Gone: 2021 GR Supra Pro 2007 E86 Z4MC 2016 F-TYPE R AWD Convertible, 2014 F-TYPE V6S, 2007 E86 Z4MC, 2010 E89 Z4 23iSdrive

Jonny English

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by Jonny English » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:41 pm

Optinium wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:54 am
Jonny English wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:05 am Great saves me having to make a new thread lol, only things left are M steering wheel tri colour stitching £250? and rear face lift lights £300? and the D2 red BBK 6 pot front and 4 pot rear on 330 drilled and grooved disks, they cost me £2500 but the buyer would need to come to me swap the both sets of brakes round on both my cars so would need to know how to do that too, what you on cost for those?
They seem to be good prices for the wheel and lights, infact I'd say if you were just selling the wheel and it's in good condition then it could probably fetch closer to £400, average to scrappy ones go for £250ish.

The rear clusters on LCI models go for around £150-170 per side, good front lights are between £250-400 depending on condition.

The brakes are hard to price, having them on the car also limits wheel options for potential buyers, plus it's a pain to remove/replace on a driveway. If it were me I'd leave them on, sell the wheels and get some other cheaper BMW alloys that fit, If I was parting the vehicle outright I'd put a price of £1,000 on them but I might be waaaay off with that, not sure of their worth to most 2.0 owners, if they fit higher spec models or other cars with more performance it would help their case I'm sure.
Great thanks, I’ve updated my prices thanks to your info.
The front lights have been split and had clear hockey stick put in them and LED angel eyes out in, what you think of price on them?
Well I was think saying £1000 BBK and someone comes to me to swap their old ones for mine, days work I know but the brakes are good condition and do fit all engine sizes of the E85/86, the smallest wheels you can have is 18” as I have 19” atm, do you think someone would appeal to that?

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by PerryGunn » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:57 pm

Jonny English wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:41 pm The front lights have been split and had clear hockey stick put in them and LED angel eyes out in, what you think of price on them?
Well I was think saying £1000 BBK and someone comes to me to swap their old ones for mine, days work I know but the brakes are good condition and do fit all engine sizes of the E85/86, the smallest wheels you can have is 18” as I have 19” atm, do you think someone would appeal to that?
Jonny, the only way you'll be able to gauge interest is if you
- start a thread for each item
- say at the start that it'll need to be a meet & swap for the part and be prepared to go to them or meet halfway
- give a guide price for the part

Then you can discuss each part in its own thread - given the need to meet & swap you may find there's a bit of negotiation on the prices but, overall, you'll end up with a fair bit more than selling them on the car.

Who knows, when it's back to standard you may stop worrying about it and enjoy driving it again
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

Jonny English

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by Jonny English » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:04 pm

PerryGunn wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:57 pm
Jonny English wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:41 pm The front lights have been split and had clear hockey stick put in them and LED angel eyes out in, what you think of price on them?
Jonny, the only way you'll be able to gauge interest is if you
- start a thread for each item
- say at the start that it'll need to be a meet & swap for the part and be prepared to go to them or meet halfway
- give a guide price for the part

Then you can discuss each part in its own thread - given the need to meet & swap you may find there's a bit of negotiation on the prices but, overall, you'll end up with a fair bit more than selling them on the car.

Who knows, when it's back to standard you may stop worrying about it and enjoy driving it again
Sorry you know me and my threads lol, so post a thread for all parts in the for sale area, I must have a price though right but can say I’m open to offers if prices are a bit high? I’m thinking best to is split for sale mods into two parts as quite a lot, like all body work 1st then all the other bits after first lot sold.

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by PerryGunn » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:09 pm

If you want to reduce the number of threads, why not consider threads for
- Bodywork (bumpers/skirts/bonnet/front & rear lights)
- Brakes/Wheels/Coilovers
- Seats/door cards
- Other items (Steering Wheel, exhaust, gearknob, handbrake, cupholders (people are always after these))
Add new pictures for each item trying to show all views of things like the seats - they're all in excellent condition so show them off

It might be worth doing the threads at the same time as you might have one person interested in more than one part - prices are always negotiable so nothing to stop someone making you an offer. Some of the smaller items can also be sent via post as long as you get the OEM parts back the same way.

You may have to make some sales conditional on other parts selling e.g. you'd want to sell both the facelift rear lights & frames and rear bumper as, if I remember correctly, the standard rear bumper isn't a seamless fit with the facelift lights (same with the original lights and facelift rear bumper)
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

Jonny English

Advice with sale of Z4

Post by Jonny English » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:24 pm

PerryGunn wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:09 pm If you want to reduce the number of threads, why not consider threads for
- Bodywork (bumpers/skirts/bonnet/front & rear lights)
- Brakes/Wheels/Coilovers
- Seats/door cards
- Other items (Steering Wheel, exhaust, gearknob, handbrake, cupholders (people are always after these))
Add new pictures for each item trying to show all views of things like the seats - they're all in excellent condition so show them off

It might be worth doing the threads at the same time as you might have one person interested in more than one part - prices are always negotiable so nothing to stop someone making you an offer. Some of the smaller items can also be sent via post as long as you get the OEM parts back the same way.

You may have to make some sales conditional on other parts selling e.g. you'd want to sell both the facelift rear lights & frames and rear bumper as, if I remember correctly, the standard rear bumper isn't a seamless fit with the facelift lights (same with the original lights and facelift rear bumper)
I’ve taken your advice and created a thread with all parts I’m considering selling atm with costs I’ve either got from others on here or what I think is right, however reason for thread is needing some help with pricing taking into account I will need a replacement part from buyers, work needed to swap parts and coming to my home, then I can advertise in the for sale thread as a price we can all agree is fair, hope it’s ok if you check it out, let me if not and I will change where I need to I just want my car parts to go to a good home hence why I came back on here. Thanks Perry