Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Advice on an inspection tomorrow please

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
ZedsDeadbabyZedzdead

Post by ZedsDeadbabyZedzdead » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:49 pm

Evening!
I have a 56 plate manual z4 coupe for less than 1 month which has 93k on the clock with 8 service stamps in the book which I’ve booked in for a visual inspection in the hope they can give me an idea if it’s all good, now I’m wondering what things I should ask them to look for, so far I’ve got rear springs and gearbox oil change, if it was your car what would you ask them to make sure they check please?
Thanks

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:29 pm

I'd ask them to see if it still has the Clutch Delay Valve fitted - if so it's well worth getting it removed. It just improves the change quality no end, especially from 1st to 2nd.

And get the brake pipes checked, especially the 2 rear ones. They are in a plastic cover under the car that ends a bit in front of the passenger side rear wheel and the end of the cover traps road dirt. When that gets damp it can corrode the pipes.

Other than that I guess it's just the usual like suspension joints and bushes, etc.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

portculisz4

Post by portculisz4 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:43 am

Definitely check the 2 rear brake pipes in the area mentioned in the previous thread. I have just had to cut out the two 3ft. badly rusted sections where it exits from the plastic cover and replace with copper nickel pipe in order to get it through the MOT