Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E86- info

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

E86- info

Post by bigwinn » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:09 pm

Zedebee wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:51 am It’s a really strong engine, capable of high mileages if properly looked after. As Tidy says, it’s the bolt on bits that wear out - water pump, starter motor etc., and they can leak oil. With higher mileage cars, it’s the same mantra as any Z4, buy on condition and maintenance.

The price vs mileage relationship is interesting. Very low mileage cars seem to be asking a big premium, but higher mileage cars do not tail off quickly. There’s probably a sweet spot at between 50-80k, where you can pay reasonable money and have the comfort of a lot of miles to come for very little depreciation.
I'm watching the prices keenly

Seems that there is a big jump up to very high premium prices with no real rationale... but some utter garbage for mid range prices too-

I guess its like everything else- do the homework and be prepared for the worst!
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

Brouse

E86- info

Post by Brouse » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:10 pm

Needn't fear the N52 as long as you read up on it on here and elsewhere and buy with service history, happy days.
2006 Sapphire Black E86

Z450

E86- info

Post by Z450 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:41 pm

I know it gets said often, but by on condition and history. A high mileage car could make a really good buy if it’s been properly maintained. As others have said the engines will keep going as long as they have been serviced, the only potential downside with a higher mileage car is it can be harder to sell in the future!