Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Can't find any oil anywhere! Except on the floor under the zed :D

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
oilman

Post by oilman » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:16 pm

Sorry Chris_D, I cannot even get close to that.

Hope you find some out there soon :)

Cheers,

Guy

Dr. Zed

Post by Dr. Zed » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:32 am

Chris,
Where in Holland are you? Have you thought about nipping across the border to Germany or Belgium or even France to see stock levels there if you're in the south. Just a thought.
Maldives Blue 2.5i E85

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:30 pm

[/quote]
Dr. Zed wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:32 am Chris,
Where in Holland are you? Have you thought about nipping across the border to Germany or Belgium or even France to see stock levels there if you're in the south. Just a thought.
Yeah, thought about that but I'm in Utrecht so it would be a bit of a false economy with the cost of fuel to get there and back. Have done that previously with tyres though when I was working in Arnhem to the East. Popped over to Koln after work to pick up 2 sets of Vreds for Eu300 cheaper than I could find anywhere in NL. Ironic with Vredestein being a Dutch brand!

But no worries- I found some Castrol 5W40M today in NL. Yay. But 1 Euro more expensive than the other supplier. Boo. :lol:
Rang them up to confirm they had it in stock and subsequently ordered.
:thumbsup:
901da0e25a31acf0d1832e2c2a5860e7.png
901da0e25a31acf0d1832e2c2a5860e7.png (107.97 KiB) Viewed 221 times
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Dr. Zed

Post by Dr. Zed » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:51 pm

Chris_D wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:30 pm Yeah, thought about that but I'm in Utrecht so it would be a bit of a false economy with the cost of fuel to get there and back. Have done that previously with tyres though when I was working in Arnhem to the East. Popped over to Koln after work to pick up 2 sets of Vreds for Eu300 cheaper than I could find anywhere in NL. Ironic with Vredestein being a Dutch brand!

But no worries- I found some Castrol 5W40M today in NL. Yay. But 1 Euro more expensive than the other supplier. Boo. :lol:

Well glad you managed to find something in the end!
I'm over there myself soon for a few weeks to see family. Be curious how my family have done this as I know a few of my cousins are into their cars too.
Although I'm from Brabant so I imagine they're popping to Belgium if needs be.
Maldives Blue 2.5i E85

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:06 pm

Dr. Zed wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:51 pm
Chris_D wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:30 pm Yeah, thought about that but I'm in Utrecht so it would be a bit of a false economy with the cost of fuel to get there and back. Have done that previously with tyres though when I was working in Arnhem to the East. Popped over to Koln after work to pick up 2 sets of Vreds for Eu300 cheaper than I could find anywhere in NL. Ironic with Vredestein being a Dutch brand!

Well glad you managed to find something in the end!
I'm over there myself soon for a few weeks to see family. Be curious how my family have done this as I know a few of my cousins are into their cars too.
Although I'm from Brabant so I imagine they're popping to Belgium if needs be.
Thanks! I go to Brabant regularly. There's a fantastic MTB route through the Loonse en Drunense duinen that I do on a regular basis and I sometimes go between there and denBosch with the roadbike along the Afwateringskanal. Love it round that way.

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:40 pm

Just came back from that as well, so could have carried some oil over (in addition to other Brexit stuff :lol: ). Proper bootlegging now :D

I can see a whole new theft level, besides the cat convertors, with people laying in showrooms to get the oil out of new cars :lol:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Dr. Zed

Post by Dr. Zed » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:56 pm

Chris_D wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:06 pm Thanks! I go to Brabant regularly. There's a fantastic MTB route through the Loonse en Drunense duinen that I do on a regular basis and I sometimes go between there and denBosch with the roadbike along the Afwateringskanal. Love it round that way.
I've never driven there. I left when I was about 10 so learned to drive in Ireland and UK. Must get the Z4 over some time and see what it's like driving!
Maldives Blue 2.5i E85

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:03 pm

Dr. Zed wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:56 pm
Chris_D wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:06 pm Thanks! I go to Brabant regularly. There's a fantastic MTB route through the Loonse en Drunense duinen that I do on a regular basis and I sometimes go between there and denBosch with the roadbike along the Afwateringskanal. Love it round that way.
I've never driven there. I left when I was about 10 so learned to drive in Ireland and UK. Must get the Z4 over some time and see what it's like driving!
Well, be prepared to become an even bigger target than normal if you do. NL is possibly the most impatient/aggressive nation of people when it comes to driving imo, with the national pastime seeminly to overtake by all means necessary and then slow down in front of you. :headbang:

But I do as most over here do and bike it most places. :thumbsup: