Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New right front wing E86

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
whosforpud

New right front wing E86

Post by whosforpud » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:22 pm

Hi, looking for some advice. I am after a genuine BMW new or very good used front driver side wing for my E86. Checked the usual places (eBay) for used without any luck. For new am I best just to go through a dealer? I can't find a new one online with BMW.
Any advice very welcome. Thank you.

dhobbs

New right front wing E86

Post by dhobbs » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:41 pm

The eBay used ones vary in quality but given that it's a 14 year old car you need to expect that. You can get replacement new ones from eBay (not sure if they are pattern to be honest) but factor in the cost of painting.
I waited ages to get a montego blue one but it eventually popped up. Has a few scratches and needed some dents sorting, but much cheaper than a respray.
Fairly straightforward to replace but best to mask up the panel.edges where they meet other panels to stop new scratches.
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:
Motor in boot. Bilstein B8 dampers. New radio, much better sounds :thumbsup:

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

New right front wing E86

Post by Zedebee » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:32 pm

Should post a WANTED thread on here; it’s amazing what people have stashed away. I’ve been looking for an offside wing for ages with no luck but I have a spare bumper in the garage.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

whosforpud

New right front wing E86

Post by whosforpud » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:00 pm

Thanks for your reply. I am in no rush so probably will just keep looking until the right one comes up. I am assuming the wing is the same for the E85 and E86?

whosforpud

New right front wing E86

Post by whosforpud » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:52 pm

I have posted a WANTED thread :thumbsup: