Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Screen Brightness Always Resets?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
skmattwell

Post by skmattwell » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:32 pm

I've got the flip up satnav screen on my zed but I always have to turn the brightness up as it's so dim. Unfortunately the brightness level resets to the middle every time I restart the car.

Is there any way of making it stay at full brightness?

skelters

Post by skelters » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:07 pm

You could learn to navigate to your destination without satnav then you wouldn't need to use it!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

skmattwell

Post by skmattwell » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:02 pm

skelters wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:07 pm You could learn to navigate to your destination without satnav then you wouldn't need to use it!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Haha, too much of a millenial for that! To be honest trying to set the destination is such a PITA I usually just use it as a rough idea of where I am!

skelters

Post by skelters » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:35 pm

The satnav is probably years out of date now.

Get a phone holder and use Google maps.

Can never understand the reliance on these things but then agai I can read a map and have a good sense of direction.

Did have a satnav years ago that I needed for work but not used one in years now.
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

skmattwell

Post by skmattwell » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:20 pm

Have installed the map updates so they are up to date. With a little trickery you can install speed caneras on there too which can come in very handy. Well, it would be if I could see the screen anyway!

skelters

Post by skelters » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:54 pm

Might be worth seeing if there's any cars being scrapped and get a new satnav screen.