Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rear calipers replacement

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
TheDan

Post by TheDan » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:50 pm

Has anyone had any luck buying new rear calipers from ebay? They are only £60 for a pair, but obviously are some random brand.

If not, where have people got their rear calipers from? I don't mind refurbished or new.

dhobbs

Post by dhobbs » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:12 pm

I bought a pair of rear calipers form eBay 2 years ago fo less than £70
Link doesn't work anymore so unfortunately I can't share.

You can check realoem for associated part numbers and then search eBay for sellers. Some of these parts are used on other models so by searching for the part number widens the search items.
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:
Motor in boot. Bilstein B8 dampers. New radio, much better sounds :thumbsup:

Zulu4

Post by Zulu4 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:21 pm

I get a lot of my car parts from Autodoc.co.uk (bear in mind £8.45 delivery if less than £140 order).
Just noticed you can now get a rear brake disc for £3.28 !!! (Maybe not good enough for the track days you do TheDan :) )
2007 3.0si Auto Sport Roadster. Whippy.
Previous:
2003 3.0i SE Roadster. Whippy.

TheDan

Post by TheDan » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:04 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have seen the ones from Autodoc and while this would normally be my preference, I don't fancy sending my calipers back to Germany to recover the £30 surcharge (per caliper). I will definitely be avoiding the £3.28 brake disc too!!! :rofl:

I have searched the PN from realoem on ebay and there is so much choice ranging from £40 to £60 for a pair of rear calipers. Its the quality of these that bothers me most though as they are definitely a cheap chinese copy (although how wrong can you go with a cast blob of iron).

I have found a place on ebay that sells refurbed genuine calipers (and carriers) but they only have them listed as front + rear sets. Hopefully they can break them up.

I have already bought the discs (MTEC grooved - same as front) and pads (EBC blue for ease and cheapness).

Liam22

Post by Liam22 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:55 am

I bought MAXGEAR (82-0243/82-0244) from Autodoc and they've been fine.