Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Airbag Warning Lights

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Ed Doe

Airbag Warning Lights

Post by Ed Doe » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:14 am

Glad you've got to the bottom of the issue OP, even if it is a case of Ham-fistedness :lol:

I've got a similar code reader - they're actually pretty decent in my experience, although you do have to hunt about a bit as it is not always intuitive where some faults may be stored. I had a seatbelt pre-tensioner fault (registered an airbag warning light) a couple of weeks ago just before my MOT annoyingly - managed after some hunting about to find and clear it and it's not returned!
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

Ali0191

Airbag Warning Lights

Post by Ali0191 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:56 pm

Having followed the advice on this thread I have got the 310+ and found the faults under B Pillar, left. Unfortunately they clear the light but it immediately comes back after a restart. I have done a quick search but don’t seem to be able to find any mention on the forum of the codes and as a complete rookie I have no idea what they mean! If anyone could point to a location of the car and what to check for these codes that would be great:

9892 Control unit fault (E6x) or software error (E85)
9529 Control-unit fault
952B Control-unit fault
952D Control-unit fault
952F Control-unit fault

This is for an 05 2.2 E85.

Thanks for any help!