Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bluetooth- compatibility question

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Tue May 11, 2021 2:24 pm

Right

I've managed to get my bluetooth functioning and 'pairable'

And isn't that a great place to leave the pairing code BMW-
IMG_9739.jpeg
IMG_9739.jpeg (177.81 KiB) Viewed 254 times
Next question for the collective, now I can initiate pairing AND I have the code, why doesnt my iPhone connect? Is it too new/not compatible? Is there a limit to what 2003 tech will connect to?

I've wiped all old phones etc, can get the BMW ULF to appear on the phone bluetooth screen, can enter the PIN and every time it fails to connect on the phone screen-

I do have a samsung work phone I can try for comparison

Cheers

Stuart
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

Spriteracer

Post by Spriteracer » Tue May 11, 2021 2:59 pm

Hi Stuart
A while back I managed to pair my iphone 8 but it really wasn't worth it. The voice incoming was just about useable but outgoing was awful and almost non-existent. I've read elsewhere that the old BMW bluetooth installations aren't really very compatible with the more modern bluetooth stacks. I now have a samsung S10 but haven't tried that but I wouldn't expect it to be much better. I hope you have better luck.

I gave up and went with the bluespeak dongle on the cd cables which works fine and streams as well.
2007 E86 "work in progress"

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Tue May 11, 2021 6:10 pm

I thought as much

I’ll have a go with the Samsung when I get chance…

Much appreciated
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Tue May 11, 2021 6:48 pm

I’m stuck in the dark ages with an iPhone 6 and that seemed to work just fine when I first connected it, but I don’t think I’ve used it since then.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe