Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Jurid White - ultra low dust pads.

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Mon May 10, 2021 2:07 pm

Hey all,

These pads came to my attention while looking for a ceramic based compound for the wife's Honda CR-V so not looking for something ultra high performance, rather something very low dust.

Turns out they are OEM suppliers to a lot of german brands (not the ceramic compound I guess) so thought it a bit strange that I'd never heard of them. Any experience on here?

https://www.jurid.co.uk/products/light- ... white.html
Jurid.jpg
Jurid.jpg (78.44 KiB) Viewed 424 times
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Mon May 10, 2021 3:43 pm

You've never heard of Jurid, or of Jurid White?

Jurid is a well-known OE supplier - along with ATE, Pagid, Brembo, Textar, et al.

Can't comment on the pad itself, as I've never used them.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon May 10, 2021 3:45 pm

Did a bit of random googling and it seems the general consensus is they're good in your shopping car, but not recommended for performance applications.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Mon May 10, 2021 4:30 pm

mmm-five wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:43 pm You've never heard of Jurid, or of Jurid White?

Jurid is a well-known OE supplier - along with ATE, Pagid, Brembo, Textar, et al.

...never heard of Jurid at all ! Certainly very familiar with all the others you mention though.

enuff_zed wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:45 pm Did a bit of random googling and it seems the general consensus is they're good in your shopping car, but not recommended for performance applications.
Yeh, that's pretty much what I thought. I think they would probably melt / explode on any kind of spirted track day in the Z !!!

But for the wife's CR-V they might be just the ticket to stop the wheels getting plastered in dust at the merest hint of pressing the brake pedal. She has Bosch pads in there at the moment and although they perform OK the dust is unbelievably bad.
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon May 10, 2021 4:36 pm

ph001 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:30 pm
mmm-five wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:43 pm You've never heard of Jurid, or of Jurid White?

...never heard of Jurid at all ! Certainly very familiar with all the others you mention though.

enuff_zed wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:45 pm Did a bit of random googling and it seems the general consensus is they're good in your shopping car, but not recommended for performance applications.
Yeh, that's pretty much what I thought. I think they would probably melt / explode on any kind of spirted track day in the Z !!!

But for the wife's CR-V they might be just the ticket to stop the wheels getting plastered in dust at the merest hint of pressing the brake pedal. She has Bosch pads in there at the moment and although they perform OK the dust is unbelievably bad.
They won't hide the kerbing now though :wink:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Tue May 11, 2021 12:40 pm

:lol: The missis uses kerbs to guide her down the road. The CR-V had tractor tyres on it so it just bounces off them! She's absolutely terrified of parking the Z4.