Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

RBM, bumper & front fogs

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
BostonJohn

RBM, bumper & front fogs

Post by BostonJohn » Sat May 01, 2021 6:31 pm

Hello all, I’m a new owner of about 3 weeks sorry I’ve posted before. My Z4 is a 2.5si in Carbon Black. It had a new roof motor last Sep but it was not relocated so I’ve booked in with Ross at RBM to move to the boot. Had the estimate for bumper repaint as it’s stone chipped and has a scuff on one side so I’ll book that in next week.
Stuff to do the infamous water pump and thermostat as I’m booked on the ferry to Spain next summer, deferred from this year for obvious reasons!
While the bumper is off does anyone know if front fog lights for a coupe are the same as the roadster? I’ve seen the thread about car parts 4 less but they only list coupe fogs. If not I’ll get the hairdryer out as they are full of moisture.
Other things to do? Of course!!! I’d like new discs and painted callipers, coil packs and plugs maybe.
The list is endless so I won’t bore you but it’s all part of the fun, isn’t it!

Thanks for any input.
2.5Si Carbon Black
Silverstone leather
Z3 2.8 Widebody gone

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

RBM, bumper & front fogs

Post by Smartbear » Sat May 01, 2021 6:34 pm

Hi, as far as i know the si front fogs are common between the coupe/roadster :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

BostonJohn

RBM, bumper & front fogs

Post by BostonJohn » Sat May 01, 2021 7:09 pm

Thanks Rob, I think there £67 a side if I get the discount right so I may go for them.
2.5Si Carbon Black
Silverstone leather
Z3 2.8 Widebody gone

groovy_hippy

RBM, bumper & front fogs

Post by groovy_hippy » Sat May 01, 2021 7:45 pm

For lamps are exactly the same on the facelift roadster and the coupe 👍
Current ... 2007 Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport | Manual | Alpine White | Black leather | Piano black dash
Intro to Zeds, now sold... 2007 Z4 2.5i SE Roadster | Manual | Stratus Grey | Red Leather | CDV delete | DLV backbox

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

RBM, bumper & front fogs

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat May 01, 2021 8:32 pm

If you are going to RBM for your roof motor relocation you could get Ross to do your water pump and thermostat while you are there, unless you'd rather replace them yourself.

I had the same problem with the fog lamps on my previous Z4 - drilling a few holes in the bottom of the lenses helped quite a bit.

Keep having fun! :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

BostonJohn

RBM, bumper & front fogs

Post by BostonJohn » Sun May 02, 2021 9:17 am

Thanks for the replies. I will get the water pump done before I go to Spain next year but won’t really use my car until then. I did about 300 miles a year in my last Z until I went to Spain. I do plan to get Ross to give her the once over so I know how much to budget for.

Thanks again
2.5Si Carbon Black
Silverstone leather
Z3 2.8 Widebody gone