Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z Respray Costs

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
PDJ

Z Respray Costs

Post by PDJ » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:26 am

For your wheels contact Les Bellamy at C J Powder coaters

He charged me £110 for a set of 4 MV2’s in chrome black and my manager £120 for a set of Jag wheels in chrome silver

He will do them via post or if you ask he will do them while you wait but it is a long day you need to be there as they open and wait.....

https://www.cjpowdercoatings.co.uk/

https://www.cjpowdercoatings.co.uk/gallery/

PDJ

Z Respray Costs

Post by PDJ » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:29 am

That included sorting out the tyres and balancing but I live (when in Cleethorpes) a mile away so left them with him for a week

Silverzedtom

Z Respray Costs

Post by Silverzedtom » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:38 am

dhobbs wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:07 pm Where are you getting these quotes?
I had two quotes for a single wing and they were both 1200+

That did include blending in the door too.

One was just outside Lewes and the other was in Crawley.

I would be happy to pay 350 to 500 to get it sorted but not 1200!
Hailsham auto body repair on Diplocks Estate. Did a top job of my bumper for 300

I was getting rediculous quotes... I guess body shops are used to rinsing insurance companies day in day out
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

dhobbs

Z Respray Costs

Post by dhobbs » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:54 pm

Silverzedtom wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:38 am
dhobbs wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:07 pm Where are you getting these quotes?
I had two quotes for a single wing and they were both 1200+

That did include blending in the door too.

One was just outside Lewes and the other was in Crawley.

I would be happy to pay 350 to 500 to get it sorted but not 1200!
Hailsham auto body repair on Diplocks Estate. Did a top job of my bumper for 300

I was getting rediculous quotes... I guess body shops are used to rinsing insurance companies day in day out
Thanks, I will give them a call.
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:
Motor in boot. Bilstein B8 dampers. New radio, much better sounds :thumbsup:

M340

Z Respray Costs

Post by M340 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:14 pm

Knew this place was worth its weight in gold. 😀 thanks chaps will check them out

HU51A_FU

Z Respray Costs

Post by HU51A_FU » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:35 pm

I work at Fastlane Paint and Body in Guildford, at the moment depending how bad the panels are we are charging £400.00 a panel subject to repair time on top + VAT. Blends are £200+VAT a panel on top. Wheels i can get done for £125.00 + VAT per wheel if they're painted and not diamond cut however we need the car or wheels for at least a week.

FYI all our paint is Glasurit. Lifetime warrantee on all paintwork, wont get that at any other body shop. :thumbsup:

Failing that i have a pal at Spraytech in Crawley who can sort you guys out :) £250.00 for a front bumper respray, that was strip repair paint and rebuilt on a polo gti that was my neighbours.

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Z Respray Costs

Post by flimper » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:49 pm

Am I reading that right that you are £400+ for a bumper respray while the guy in Crawley is £250?
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

HU51A_FU

Z Respray Costs

Post by HU51A_FU » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:07 am

flimper wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:49 pm Am I reading that right that you are £400+ for a bumper respray while the guy in Crawley is £250?
The company i work for is BMW approved therefore costs tend to reflect this.

If you are not fussed on what paint is being used or having a long warrantee period just want a decent job then I'd recommend using a local firm rather than a big organisation that deals directly with the manufacturer, Just being honest :)

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Z Respray Costs

Post by flimper » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:40 pm

Thanks for honesty :thumbsup: Is there a big difference in the paint quality, is it worth paying the extra would you say? Looking to get a(nother) front end respray but want it done properly, and maybe with PPF as well
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

M340

Z Respray Costs

Post by M340 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:10 pm

HU51A_FU wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:07 am
flimper wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:49 pm Am I reading that right that you are £400+ for a bumper respray while the guy in Crawley is £250?

If you are not fussed on what paint is being used or having a long warrantee period just want a decent job then I'd recommend using a local firm rather than a big organisation that deals directly with the manufacturer, Just being honest :)
You guys fixed my F30 340 when it was hit whilst parked. Price was...strong! But it was insurance and the quality of the work impeccable. Even got my ceramic coating topped up as part of the repair.

HU51A_FU

Z Respray Costs

Post by HU51A_FU » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:44 am

M340 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:10 pm
HU51A_FU wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:07 am

You guys fixed my F30 340 when it was hit whilst parked. Price was...strong! But it was insurance and the quality of the work impeccable. Even got my ceramic coating topped up as part of the repair.
Appreciate that! :D

Andres

Z Respray Costs

Post by Andres » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:41 pm

Hello :wink: I'm planning to respray my e86 front bumper as well, I'd like to keep the costs down and avoid blending.
Is there a lot of difference in colour without blending onto bonnet and wings?

HU51A_FU

Z Respray Costs

Post by HU51A_FU » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:42 am

flimper wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:40 pm Thanks for honesty :thumbsup: Is there a big difference in the paint quality, is it worth paying the extra would you say? Looking to get a(nother) front end respray but want it done properly, and maybe with PPF as well
Basically the paints we use are that that are used from Factory whether its BMW/VWAUDI/MERCEDES, they are more expensive however more eco friendly and last a lot longer than say cheaper brands. The Glasurit paint is water based, its quicker to apply and flash off times are reduced, you will also receive a longer more outstanding finish than cheaper paints/lacquers. It boils down to really you get what you pay for.

As i said and what's been said prior on here Fastlane aren't the cheapest prestige body shop, however they pride themselves in customer service and they're workmanship and offering you that lifetime warrantee on the paintwork for piece of mind.

Im very picky with my cars and if they're your pride and joy and you want long lasting results because you're keeping it for a long time then i would have no doubts then pay for a more expensive job.

In terms of PPF we cannot offer this however i have a company in East Grinstead called RaceByDesign who carry out PPF/CERAMIC COATING/CORRECTION/BRANDING/WINDOW TINTS/WRAPPING who can facilitate this once you're vehicle is finished with us. They do offer covered race transportation to for an extra fee therefore you're car isn't driven to and from them. Personally I've spend a lot of time with the owner and in his establishment and he is next level in terms of customer service and perfection when it comes to every vehicle he gets in regardless the age.

You can Follow FASTLANEPAINTANDBODY on Instagram to check out what we get up too and the kind of repairs we carry out across the 5 sites.
Hope that helps, if you require my details if you are local to Guildford send me a message and i can pass you over an email/contact number. :)
Last edited by HU51A_FU on Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

HU51A_FU

Z Respray Costs

Post by HU51A_FU » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:47 am

Andres wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:41 pm Hello :wink: I'm planning to respray my e86 front bumper as well, I'd like to keep the costs down and avoid blending.
Is there a lot of difference in colour without blending onto bonnet and wings?
Depending on the colour you should be fine all paint codes are taken from the vehicle and mixed up correctly as you'd expect, you will sometimes experience a slight difference. Plastic panels adopt a static charge when paints applied therefore you sometimes may see a slight difference between wing/bonnet/bumper, however you can have all these areas blended but its not guaranteed this will solve the issue, as i said depending on the colour. :)

Hope that helps,

Thanks

Jamesy

Andres

Z Respray Costs

Post by Andres » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:34 pm

Hopefully it's gonna be a good match.
Thanks for the reply Jamesy :thumbsup: