Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Any recommendations for single din head units?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Stotts

Post by Stotts » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:11 pm

Been following this as I’ve been thinking of something similar as ELO and the like are do muffled. I was going to keep the head but change the speakers but any advise on that it just changing the head unit would be appreciated.

Just for your
Interest though I found this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313199105132
E86 3.0 M-Sport with lots of twiddly bits causing a decreasing bank account and my wife’s Audi A4 cabriolet to have extra work done so she keeps up.

dhobbs

Post by dhobbs » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:10 pm

I started by changing the speakers, then added a dension unit for USB music but the head unit is the limiting factor.
Changed that and am now happy with the output :D
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:
Motor in boot. Bilstein B8 dampers. New radio, much better sounds :thumbsup:

Sky-drive

Post by Sky-drive » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:55 am

Definitely going to have to go down swapping the head unit with an aftermarket option at some point. thanks for the suggestions.
Xenons | LED S/lights | CF Trim | Royale SW | ZHP | CDV | AUX | DISA | Vanos Refurb | Cruise | MV2s | Roof motor > boot | K&N | Sound Gen | Interior LEDs | E/H seats | Remapped

Scott S

Post by Scott S » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:57 pm

Hi

I have a Z4 3.0 Auto. I'm taking the plunge and looking to change the stereo. the only thing is. It seems a fairly easy job, I'm sure it's not.

Is it at ease as take the old unit out and plug in the new one, use a new faceplate, the job is done? is this easy enough to do with one hand :thumbsup: