Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Redex

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Woodrow

Redex

Post by Woodrow » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:54 pm

Good evening all. Hope all is good. During lockdown I've been shopping for an old man. Anyway after getting to know each other we discussed cars. I showed him my coupe and he then showed me his year 2000 Porsche 911. Its only done just over 6000 miles and he's owned it from new. Started first time and it's not been driven in 7 months. He always adds Redex to the fuel when he fills up which is no mone than twice a year. Can I have your opinions on Redex please.
Many Thanks
Mark

greg81

Redex

Post by greg81 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:55 pm

My mpg increased on average 2-3 when I started using Redex.

Always on special at Tesco

Thrustyjust

Redex

Post by Thrustyjust » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:29 pm

My old man used redex many years ago to decoke his MGB. Did diddly squat and was a waste of time. Made an amazing white smoke screen down the road when we drove off until it burnt off.
Redex wont help much lying in a tank of fuel doing nothing . Best way is to use the car as stale fuel can do odd things . Leaving a car being unused will cause things to stick and seize up.
There is lots of claims about increasing cleaning of a system and better mpg, but there is plenty of products that advertise this also. Increasing mpg is very difficult to calculate as there is too many variables with how you drive to achieve back to back testing.
If he doesnt want to drive the car, which is a total shame , then he would be wiser ( and better off) to use a high octane fuel in the tank, such as Shell and put the redex on the shelf.
E86 In sapphire black

gIzzE

Redex

Post by gIzzE » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:03 pm

I use Archoil in my diesels, amazing stuff that really does work and far cheaper than using premium diesel.

I used it in my Merc E350 estate, it was the later direct injection version and would often throw a EML with certain fuels.
A few tanks of Archoil really did make it feel a lot more peppy, but carried on with 99ron after that and never felt the need to use it again.

I just use 99ron all the time, on our cars that is a true benefit, better cleaners, plus around 15hp gain on a 3.0si and 20+ on an S54. Plus you get the MPG gains that cover the extra cost.