Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rear lights project (Pre-facelift)

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Wrighty

Post by Wrighty » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:23 pm

Weekend off work so thought I would sort out and finish my rear lights off.

The current collection is as follows,
DSC_5130.JPG
DSC_5130.JPG (200.84 KiB) Viewed 548 times
Top left - LHD/Euro spec
Top right - UK OEM
Middle left - UK OEM (tinted reverse & indicator)
Middle right - LHD/Euro spec (tinted fog & indicator)
Bottom left - Half clears, slight discolouring, potentially sprayed at some point?
Bottom right - Half clears, slight discolouring, potentially sprayed at some point?

Following a couple of hours wrapping this moring we now have these,
DSC_5139.JPG
DSC_5139.JPG (193.86 KiB) Viewed 548 times
DSC_5141.JPG
DSC_5141.JPG (175.65 KiB) Viewed 548 times

Although by no means perfect (very pleased myself though!) the final result has turned out great, especially comapred to buying a set of 4 spots. I believe the lights originally cost me £50, £5 or so in red tint film and a few hours this morning :thumbsup:

Wrighty

ErrErrminator

Post by ErrErrminator » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:35 pm

Good job. :thumbsup: A set of these makes so much difference to the rear of a pre-facelift car. I did mine from a set of clears too but used red spray tint. Same end result and I love that the orange is gone.

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:16 pm

Nice work on the wrapping! I tried doing that to the same set of lights and failed miserably :lol: ended up spraying with red tint spray and clear lacquer on top.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

Wrighty

Post by Wrighty » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:43 am

ErrErrminator wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:35 pm Good job. :thumbsup: A set of these makes so much difference to the rear of a pre-facelift car. I did mine from a set of clears too but used red spray tint. Same end result and I love that the orange is gone.
:thumbsup: I've yet to fit them but glad to be rid of the orange!
ben g wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:16 pm Nice work on the wrapping! I tried doing that to the same set of lights and failed miserably :lol: ended up spraying with red tint spray and clear lacquer on top.
Thanks Ben! Same result ultimately :) Hopefully my wrapping will last a good amount of time

Wrighty

Post by Wrighty » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:05 am

Less than a year later and the red tint film has faded so much it is barely visible in some areas :thumbsdown:
Time to re-wrap with a better quality material

Wrighty