Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

difference in alignment spec?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Sidewaze Samm

Post by Sidewaze Samm » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:22 pm

So before our two zeds go in for 4-wheel alignment, can anyone confirm whether the camber and toe specs for a pre-facelift and a post-facelift E85 are the same, or whether there's any difference?

cheers
2008 E85 3.0si
Space Grey, Dream Red New England heated Msports.
Xenons, MFSW, cruise, PDC, wind deflector.
ZHP, stubby, gloss black grilles, DLV box, gaptech, no CDV.

eddiemunster

Post by eddiemunster » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:22 pm

Sidewaze Samm wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:22 pm So before our two zeds go in for 4-wheel alignment, can anyone confirm whether the camber and toe specs for a pre-facelift and a post-facelift E85 are the same, or whether there's any difference?

cheers
They're the same; I can also tell you, if you're on the Hunter, that it'll list the standard Z4 and Z4m with the same suspension settings.

Sidewaze Samm

Post by Sidewaze Samm » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:59 pm

eddiemunster wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:22 pm
Sidewaze Samm wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:22 pm So before our two zeds go in for 4-wheel alignment, can anyone confirm whether the camber and toe specs for a pre-facelift and a post-facelift E85 are the same, or whether there's any difference?

cheers
They're the same; I can also tell you, if you're on the Hunter, that it'll list the standard Z4 and Z4m with the same suspension settings.
So the data will be incorrect for Z4M I'm guessing?
Also, I suppose what I should have asked - is the camber/toe spec the same for SE and Msport suspension?
2008 E85 3.0si

eddiemunster

Post by eddiemunster » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:52 pm

Sidewaze Samm wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:59 pm Also, I suppose what I should have asked - is the camber/toe spec the same for SE and Msport suspension?
No, it'll be different as the Z4m has the additional caster bush so the Hunter data will be wrong. I have those bushes on my 3.0 SE, I had to wade in and stop the guys on the Hunter as they were trying to "correct" the caster by twatting the strut mounts!! Mine has strengthening plates which could be confused with adjustable top mounts.

Caster's a really important setting, particularly on a car like the Z4 that loves to tramline and tramp over camber!

Sidewaze Samm

Post by Sidewaze Samm » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:39 pm

eddiemunster wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:52 pm No, it'll be different as the Z4m has the additional caster bush so the Hunter data will be wrong
I realise the Z4M is different (and has adjustable castor). What I meant to say is, are specs for SE and Msport (non-Z4M) suspension identical? Sorry if I wasn't clear.
2008 E85 3.0si

eddiemunster

Post by eddiemunster » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:27 pm

Sidewaze Samm wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:39 pm
eddiemunster wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:52 pm No, it'll be different as the Z4m has the additional caster bush so the Hunter data will be wrong
I realise the Z4M is different (and has adjustable castor). What I meant to say is, are specs for SE and Msport (non-Z4M) suspension identical? Sorry if I wasn't clear.
The Hunter "say yes", and on the basis that almost all of the suspension is listed to fit the 2.0/2.2/2.5/3.0 then I'd say it's highly likely that it's going to be the same.

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:28 pm

Toe is the same. Slightly more -ve camber with Sport suspension, front and back.

Z4M doesn’t have adjustable castor, just more of it.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone