Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Changing wheel size

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
road warrior

Changing wheel size

Post by road warrior » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:52 pm

:rofl:
and then what is the benchmark of a good pummel anyway
speaking of which
the onwards struggle to make my zed erm.... comfortable..
to day . ohhhh joy.. i put some eagle f1 mk 5's on the front today... oh bliss,,
sooo quiet and smooth, nice heavy steering, transformed the car - wonderful - at last.... :lol:
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

JimInBucksPA

Changing wheel size

Post by JimInBucksPA » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:32 pm

A question for Mark1882, what was the 16" tire size that was on your car? And where the front and rear tire sizes the same or different.
My Z4 has 18" rims where the front and rear have different sizes!
Thinking about a winter set of tyres.

Newbie Z4 owner. Jim

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Changing wheel size

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:14 pm

JimInBucksPA wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:32 pm A question for Mark1882, what was the 16" tire size that was on your car? And where the front and rear tire sizes the same or different.
My Z4 has 18" rims where the front and rear have different sizes!
Thinking about a winter set of tyres.

Newbie Z4 owner. Jim
Jim, I noticed your Z4 is a facelift 3.0Si so you'll need at least 17" wheels to clear the front brakes!

If it makes finding some wheels easier, most E46 3 Series wheels have the same offsets as E85s/E86s. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

JimInBucksPA

Changing wheel size

Post by JimInBucksPA » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:48 pm

Mr. Tidy, I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'Facelift' ? My quess would be that the wheels where changed from stock by a prior owner, or something else? Thanks

road warrior

Changing wheel size

Post by road warrior » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:35 pm

Facelift is a common phrase for a manufacturer model update. Usually small changes
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Changing wheel size

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:00 pm

JimInBucksPA wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:48 pm Mr. Tidy, I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'Facelift' ? My quess would be that the wheels where changed from stock by a prior owner, or something else? Thanks
Sorry, the facelift happened in early 2006 and involved the 3.0i with the M54 engine being replaced by the 3.0Si with the N52 engine like you have. At the same time BMW fitted bigger front brake discs which is why you'll need at least 17" wheels.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Usel

Changing wheel size

Post by Usel » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:25 am

There a nice set of 17" wheels for sale here on the forums but they have run flats.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=115756