Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Custom back box installers in West Midlands

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
QUIKSTER

Post by QUIKSTER » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:02 am

Anyone recommend someone in Solihull, or general West Midlands area that can provide a replacement free flowing box for 3.0 Si Sport.

Whats peoples experience with the likes of Longlife, Powerflow or similar type companies

Would this be a better route than something like the back box mod (DLV).

Gus.

Bombardino

Post by Bombardino » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:30 pm

Not a recommendation just a word of caution, I used MIJ exhaust about 4 years ago, I wish I hadn't as the back box they put on my E86 was dreadful. If you look at there reviews it reads well but my experience wasn't very good, I put my old box on with in a couple of weeks & ended up binning there box :x

Warming

Post by Warming » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:46 pm

I've used MIJ a few years ago on a different car. Their back box is still on the car now.

At first look of the back box I was cautious it would sound too loud. MIJ told me it wouldn't be loud but if I wasn't happy they could change it. I decided to try it and it was so much quieter than I expected, but still a little throatier than stock.

I'd highly recommend MIJ they did the work very promptly whilst I waited and were happy to answer my questions, all for less than the price of the OEM back box.

Bombardino

Post by Bombardino » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:00 pm

Warming wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:46 pm I've used MIJ a few years ago on a different car. Their back box is still on the car now.

At first look of the back box I was cautious it would sound too loud. MIJ told me it wouldn't be loud but if I wasn't happy they could change it. I decided to try it and it was so much quieter than I expected, but still a little throatier than stock.

I'd highly recommend MIJ they did the work very promptly whilst I waited and were happy to answer my questions, all for less than the price of the OEM back box.
In all fairness when I took my car back complaining about the drone they did swap it back free of charge. Maybe I was just unlucky as they do have a lot of positive reviews.

simon1963

Post by simon1963 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:08 pm

I used mij about 5 years ago for a mid section and back box on a e39 530 I had. The welds started to fail after a couple of months and I ended up taking it off and putting the original back on. Things might be different these days but I would never use them again.
2007 E86 Ruby Black

QUIKSTER

Post by QUIKSTER » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:20 pm

Thanks for the heads up guys, will put in a call to them.

Also gonna speak with Mat aka MachineMonkey about his back box mod, which seems a different setup to the DLV mod.

Sef

Post by Sef » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:53 pm

Keen to hear how you get on with this, I’m based in West Midlands looking for similar for my e86

Thrustyjust

Post by Thrustyjust » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:15 pm

If you can go up the M6 a bit to Congleton, then I have had exhausts and parts made by JP Exhausts. Not for a Beemer, but sure they may have made something Bavarian at some point. Might be worth a call. Nice people to deal with.

https://www.jpexhausts.co.uk/
E86 In sapphire black

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:19 pm

sounds like we need and exhaust shoot out :_)
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:59 am

Try dku performance in Walsall,
If your on Instagram they show lots of work on there
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

Marekdawg

Post by Marekdawg » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:51 am

I've seen a couple of people on here in the past recommend Torqueflow in South Birmingham. From the looks they do good work, I have just got in touch to see what we can do for mine - 3.0 E89. If I end up going with them I'll let you know my thoughts. :thumbsup:
Silver E89 Sdrive30I Msport. Black roof and other bits. :D :driving:

Bombardino

Post by Bombardino » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:09 am

Marekdawg wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:51 am I've seen a couple of people on here in the past recommend Torqueflow in South Birmingham. From the looks they do good work, I have just got in touch to see what we can do for mine - 3.0 E89. If I end up going with them I'll let you know my thoughts. :thumbsup:
I've used Torqueflow, Did a really good job fitting a couple of new tips on a previous car

Zulu59

Post by Zulu59 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:25 pm

QUIKSTER wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:20 pm Thanks for the heads up guys, will put in a call to them.

Also gonna speak with Mat aka MachineMonkey about his back box mod, which seems a different setup to the DLV mod.
Do you know what the difference is between the aka machine monkey and the DVL mods are both in terms of
Process and price? Reason I ask is that I'm considering the DVL mod but I've not come across the aka machine monkey mod !!

QUIKSTER

Post by QUIKSTER » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:53 pm

Not sure about the exact difference between DLV and MM Mod.

I think the DLV is straight piping inside box, where as MM uses some kind of perforated sheets to aid the flow through the box.

QUIKSTER

Post by QUIKSTER » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:59 pm

I have spoken with Imi at Torqueflow, hes quoted £350 fitted for a free flowing backbox with new tailpipes.

But TBH I think I'm favoring the backbox mod route, just to keep it looking OEM.