Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Are you kidding me? ....yea, this happened today.

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sat May 11, 2019 12:20 am

Pi55 poor driving, she was probably thinking about what she was cooking that night. At least you caught her.
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Kap'nZ4

Post by Kap'nZ4 » Sat May 11, 2019 2:25 am

I feel for you guys that get damage and have no one to claim on.
Her insurance guy came out to take pictures..... He kept saying, it don't look that bad..... I kept saying knocking the front bumper around might go deeper than you think. Look how both my fog lights now wiggle about when they had solid mounts before.
I know they were solid as I replaced them 6 months ago.

"Here's the receipt of purchase. "

He looked and frowned.

I then told him that whole front end, now bent out of shape will have to be replaced and painted to match, it can not be ignored.

He replied, "I'm not so sure of that."

I replied, "Rather than my indy guy, I'll take it to my local BMW dealership and get quotes for you, and I guarantee they will say it needs replaced, both fog light mounts are broke and need replacing and the front clip has to be replaced as it wont line up as is."

I saw his teeth clench as he stared at my car. A BMW quote is going cost a hell of a lot more, and he knows it.

Awaiting their response.
God saw me fit enough to drive it. It's my responsibility to drive it the way its meant to be drove. (All Roads Open.) Mods and fixes are mounting and I don't care, as it will be drove come hell or high water. :D

Danz4coupe

Post by Danz4coupe » Sat May 11, 2019 4:18 am

Screenshot_20190511-040901_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20190511-040901_Photos.jpg (120.69 KiB) Viewed 404 times
Screenshot_20190511-041513_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20190511-041513_Photos.jpg (72.69 KiB) Viewed 404 times
Simular thing happened to me..ended up needing a new headlight, arch liner and whole front bumper as it cracked it by the washer. Got it done through their insurance so wasn't too much hassle in the end but I feel your pain.
Asked to see the bill when I picked it up just out of interest...£2600!! ($3300)

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sat May 11, 2019 6:33 am

Kap'nZ4 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:25 am I feel for you guys that get damage and have no one to claim on.
Her insurance guy came out to take pictures..... He kept saying, it don't look that bad..... I kept saying knocking the front bumper around might go deeper than you think. Look how both my fog lights now wiggle about when they had solid mounts before.
I know they were solid as I replaced them 6 months ago.

"Here's the receipt of purchase. "

He looked and frowned.

I then told him that whole front end, now bent out of shape will have to be replaced and painted to match, it can not be ignored.

He replied, "I'm not so sure of that."

I replied, "Rather than my indy guy, I'll take it to my local BMW dealership and get quotes for you, and I guarantee they will say it needs replaced, both fog light mounts are broke and need replacing and the front clip has to be replaced as it wont line up as is."

I saw his teeth clench as he stared at my car. A BMW quote is going cost a hell of a lot more, and he knows it.

Awaiting their response.
Be careful with how far you push this, you could end up getting it written off as beyond economic repair if it goes through bmw.
You could end up losing your car :(
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Sat May 11, 2019 9:09 am

It’s all about proof - again, do you have a witness / CCTV footage.

Imagine she says I only just tapped it lightly, there’s no way I could I caused that damage, it’s an ‘old’ car & I bet it was already damaged since he even said he’s replaced the fog lamps recently.

Tactics are:
1. The onus is on you to prove everything way beyond reasonable doubt.
2. Have 3rd party independent proof... so get ready for her to ‘find’ a witness
3. To get u to do all the chasing & them to do NOTHING
4. Any repair will be proportionally reduced for ‘wear & tear’ of a 12 year old car, so u get less automatically

... just speaking from experience
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sat May 11, 2019 9:31 am

She’d have to blind to have chosen that piece of crap as her car, so it's hardly surprising she didn’t see you!
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

tomrdy

Post by tomrdy » Tue May 14, 2019 1:22 am

Kap'nZ4 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:25 am Her insurance guy came out to take pictures.....
Is that normal practice in the states? That really sucks if it is.

Over here (at least with my insurer NRMA - albeit the biggest national one) when I got hit I only had to deal with my insurer who was on my side.

I sent in my claim with the faulty party's info + pictures and they booked me in to their assessment centre. Repairs booked in. I never saw, heard from or needed to deal with the other party or their insurance at all. The burden of all that was with my insurer to get money out of HER insurer.

Fun fact, she also claimed "I didn't see you" as she came out of a junction and hit me side ways :rofl:

Here's a pic as it seems we're sharing battle scars in this thread :P

-SOLD- Nardo grey 2004 Z4 3.0i E85
-SOLD- 2016 Long Beach Blue M2 DCT
-Wishing- Z4MC Interlagos blue... :oops:
___
Australia