Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Autodoc.co.uk

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Davz

Autodoc.co.uk

Post by Davz » Tue May 07, 2019 8:00 pm

A word of warning.
I ordered some Bilsteins from autodoc, who are based in Germany. I had ordered some from Larkspeed but they were very good in emailing to tell me that they couldn't get any until mid to late June, so cancelled that order. Autodoc were the only ones showing stock but after waiting 10 days no delivery, used the online chat support and was told twice that only one shock in stock just waiting for another from Bilstein. Finally three weeks later box arrives only to find that it contains Sachs :(
Back to online support chat who then spent 30 mins telling me that there is no difference, that they will fit, they are just as good as Bilsteing etc etc whilst i'm saying "its not what I have ordered, I am going to send them back"
They had the cheek to say if I ordered and paid for another set they could then give me a firm delivery date. The worst thing is they even wanted me to pay for delivery again :evil:
I then start to quote eu distance selling regulations and that they have to give me a full refund including postage costs. The shocks have been returned (dpd pick up last Wednesday) but I am still waiting for a refund. I haven't even had the acknowledgement of the return from Dpd or autodoc mmmmmmmm Will I get a refund is the question!
2006 2.5 Monaco blue, orange footwell lights, Blue boot lights, 20/15mm wheel spacers, Buckley06 gear knob, Aux, MV2's, M pedals, Eibachs, Bilstein B4's, Whiteline front ARB. H&R rear ARB. Roof motor relocated, Alpine speakers, Xenons.

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Autodoc.co.uk

Post by ben g » Tue May 07, 2019 8:13 pm

The company name rings a bell. It's possible I ordered my Bilstein from them. Have to say they were fantastic for me. Quick delivery from Germany.

You should get a refund no problem if you paid via PayPal. Ebay has a money back guarantee also and it's clear you didn't receive Bilstein shocks, no matter if the Sachs are the same in terms of fitment.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Autodoc.co.uk

Post by RickRob » Tue May 07, 2019 8:53 pm

Assuming that you paid by card (debit or credit) or PayPal you can get the money back from your card issuer/PayPal.

I'd give the "supplier" another 7 days max.

Good luck!
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

DOOM

Autodoc.co.uk

Post by DOOM » Tue May 07, 2019 9:06 pm

I, too, ordered the Bilstein B4s and the corresponding "M-Sport" Suplex springs from them for my Beauty and everything worked out fine.
As previously said, if PayPal used I would dispute the transaction asap, though.
'07 Z4C, Stratus Grey | square 108s | Quaife LSD | Lotus seats | Bilstein B4s | ZHP Knob| Cruise Control | Meyle Suspension arms | Pioneer head unit
Miata NBfl 1.8, Torsen T2, JVC Head Unit, Lotus Seat
Vauxhall Corsa C 1.4, bone stock :D

Capa

Autodoc.co.uk

Post by Capa » Wed May 08, 2019 2:36 pm

They arrrrree a bit shonky in my experience. They either work beautifully well, or are a massive pain in the arse if you have to dispute something.

I do order some gear from them, but the obstacles that they put up in terms of getting the deposit refund for brake calipers mean that I'm pretty aware that I'm on my own in terms of service.

For Bilsteins, consider these guys:
https://www.bmfautoparts.com/bmw-z4-3.0 ... L22-164575

Usually cheaper, and UK based.
E86 | Stratus Grey

ibasniper

Autodoc.co.uk

Post by ibasniper » Wed May 08, 2019 2:53 pm

Davz wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:00 pm A word of warning.
I ordered some Bilsteins from autodoc, who are based in Germany. I had ordered some from Larkspeed but they were very good in emailing to tell me that they couldn't get any until mid to late June, so cancelled that order. Autodoc were the only ones showing stock but after waiting 10 days no delivery, used the online chat support and was told twice that only one shock in stock just waiting for another from Bilstein. Finally three weeks later box arrives only to find that it contains Sachs :(
Back to online support chat who then spent 30 mins telling me that there is no difference, that they will fit, they are just as good as Bilsteing etc etc whilst i'm saying "its not what I have ordered, I am going to send them back"
They had the cheek to say if I ordered and paid for another set they could then give me a firm delivery date. The worst thing is they even wanted me to pay for delivery again :evil:
I then start to quote eu distance selling regulations and that they have to give me a full refund including postage costs. The shocks have been returned (dpd pick up last Wednesday) but I am still waiting for a refund. I haven't even had the acknowledgement of the return from Dpd or autodoc mmmmmmmm Will I get a refund is the question!
I got mine from there...and to be honest i had no problems apart from a delay due to DPD. I ended up collecting from the depot.
Cheers Gary

2004 Z4 E85 3.0i se Sapphire Black, with all the extra's
Snapper blue 440i coupe

Davz

Autodoc.co.uk

Post by Davz » Tue May 14, 2019 8:47 pm

Update......autodoc received the returned parts and then did nothing for 3 days, so I used the online chat again. I was told a refund could only be issued when the parts were received, I had to point out that they had been signed for 3 days ago! I still had to wait for another 24hrs before I got a refund.

Not sure I would use them again, the thing which really annoyed was that they sent substitute parts without informing me and then tried to persuade me to keep them as "they are compatible"
2006 2.5 Monaco blue, orange footwell lights, Blue boot lights, 20/15mm wheel spacers, Buckley06 gear knob, Aux, MV2's, M pedals, Eibachs, Bilstein B4's, Whiteline front ARB. H&R rear ARB. Roof motor relocated, Alpine speakers, Xenons.

Jollyjoiner

Autodoc.co.uk

Post by Jollyjoiner » Tue May 14, 2019 9:33 pm

I've just received some brake discs from Autodoc but I placed my order with Onlinecarparts. I then had emails from Buycarparts and then a final one from Autodoc with my DPD delivery details. So I'm guessing some of these online car parts suppliers use the same people and don't really carry stock and the items come direct form the wholesalers.

All this said my parts came on time. You do seem to find that loads of companies are check at taking your money but slow at giving refunds
2009 35i DCT silver
SLT mapped to 365bhp :)

Bmmeupscotty

Autodoc.co.uk

Post by Bmmeupscotty » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:09 am

I always Use Online carparts now (Autodoc) and have always found them brilliant to be fair. Sorry you've not had the same. Saved me a fortune over the last year for rebuilding my X3 Engine, To e46 parts to now parts for my E85. :D
BMW Z4 2.2 E85 2005
BMW E46 330Ci

Davz

Autodoc.co.uk

Post by Davz » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:18 am

I did find them a bit lax in getting a refund but did find them a professional company to deal with. I have now ordered some strut mounts from them so will see how they are this time. Must say prices are excellent though

Davz

Autodoc.co.uk

Post by Davz » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:10 pm

That's it for me, I will no longer use Autodoc!
I gave them another chance and bought some front strut mounts, ace price at £14 each for Lemforder + £8.50 delivery charge.
Ordered on Friday, thought I would add to the order (bump stops looked a bit weary) so used online support, told the order was being picked at the warehouse and the order could be added too but would delay it. Decided to not add to the order with delivery for Wednesday (today)
No parts arrived :( instead, I receive an email saying funds had now been deposited into autodocs account and the order would be picked and dispatched sometime soon! I paid by card so they had the payment straight away. Back to online chat support, confirms order not picked or dispatched and I would receive them in 5 working days, that is 10 days in total, that is p155 poor especially when paying £8.50 for delivery!
Stuff it I thought I'll get them from a local motor factor and pay the extra £25. Trying to cancel the order was like pulling teeth, I had to write 5 times "cancel this order" with support asking if they could phone me as its "procedure" my reply "no, cancel my order" They then phone me twice! Cheeky sods! Switched off the phone and sent an email, 30 mins later confirmation reply.....finally cancelled :D

I doubt very much they had any stock despite the website saying it was. They then try to stall you until they get the parts in.......nothing but a bunch of dishonest liars in my opinion. I think if they actually have any parts in stock you will probably get them within 5 days, if not.............hassle.

Never ever again