Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Replacing a single m sport strut?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
MrBeetleman

Post by MrBeetleman » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:36 pm

I've got a 2005 Z4 2.5 with the M sport suspension. My front right strut has a slight leak. I'd like to replace it. Is there a non OEM replacement? Rather than switching out all of them I'd like to replace just the single one. My local suspension shop said there are no non-oem Replacements and to get a new oem one has to be ordered from Germany as there are none in stock in North America and its $$$.

Davz

Post by Davz » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:45 pm

Never ever replace just one strut, unless you would like to make a more intimate relationship with a hedge.

Try fitting Bilstein B4 or B6. B4 oem, B6 uprated but more expensive.

To find a local stockist follow the link below. I would also try another suspension shop, they sound like muppets.

https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/
2006 2.5 Monaco blue, orange footwell lights, Blue boot lights, 20/15mm wheel spacers, Buckley06 gear knob, Aux, MV2's, M pedals, Eibachs, Bilstein B4's, Whiteline front ARB. H&R rear ARB. Roof motor relocated, Alpine speakers, Xenons.

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:20 pm

wot 'e said.. never replace just one, poor economy and you willl pay the price of a sh***y drive..
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

Zoomer

Post by Zoomer » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:57 pm

Wat they said and also the other strut will be nearly as knackered as well .
Sterling Grey 3.0i E85 Black Heated Leather M sports seats , 224's ,Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Xenons, PDC, Gaptech ,Cruise and a nice warm garage. NOW GONE
Silver 3.0i Z4 NOW GONE