Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

go fast jungle juice - how much ??

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
road warrior

Post by road warrior » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:19 pm

so..
i have always used asda fuel, but prompted by the lack of blip and subsequent enthusiastic members with go fast juice i thought i would try it .
i knew which one to go for as i remember a test that 5th gear did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTaBngvsPrc
so i filled up with shell v power ron 99 - ,it cost me 1.359 a litre - what ??
up the road my local asda costs 17p less a litre @ 118.9
now im sorry but i aint paying 17 p a litre more .. thats just bonkers.
and extra 17.80 quid a tank.. :cry:

i hope steve appreciates this :driving:
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

Davz

Post by Davz » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:22 pm

Why not try Tesco momentum, 99 Ron and only £1.21
2006 2.5 Monaco blue, orange footwell lights, Blue boot lights, 20/15mm wheel spacers, Buckley06 gear knob, Aux, MV2's, M pedals, Eibachs, Bilstein B4's, Whiteline front ARB. H&R rear ARB. Roof motor relocated, Alpine speakers, Xenons.

wonkydonkey

Post by wonkydonkey » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:27 pm

You missed out the key piece of info we all wanted - did it bring your blips back??
Previous:
~2006 Z4MR in Silver Grey
~2003 3.0i E85 in Sterling Grey

Click here for the Sticky Steering thread
<My name is James>

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:27 pm

Tesco super is £1.24 down this way. :wink:

Last fill up was Shell Vmax and I honestly didn't look at the price. But a good few pence more than Tesco. :lol:

Iggy

Post by Iggy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:35 pm

Has anyone noticed a difference in MPG when using Tesco Momentum 99 and Shell V Power? I get a significantly worse MPG on the Tesco stuff which i found weird. Can't say my tests were very scientific but i'm sure there's a difference.
zedless

Past
'06 Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe - Silbergrau
'06 Z4MC - Silbergrau & Imola Leather

andyf1140

Post by andyf1140 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:36 pm

Iggy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:35 pm Has anyone noticed a difference in MPG when using Tesco Momentum 99 and Shell V Power? I get a significantly worse MPG on the Tesco stuff which i found weird. Can't say my tests were very scientific but i'm sure there's a difference.
Made no difference to mine

MJJamieson

Post by MJJamieson » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:37 pm

Ive always used Momentum99 and had no issues.
2004 E85 Z4 2.5i SE Sterling Grey.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:38 pm

Iggy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:35 pm Has anyone noticed a difference in MPG when using Tesco Momentum 99 and Shell V Power? I get a significantly worse MPG on the Tesco stuff which i found weird. Can't say my tests were very scientific but i'm sure there's a difference.
Can't say I have noticed any difference. Not that I monitor my mpg. :driving:

greg81

Post by greg81 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:42 pm

Council juice and a drop of Redex. Boom

BeeEmm

Post by BeeEmm » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:17 pm

road warrior wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:19 pm so i filled up with shell v power ron 99 - ,it cost me 1.359 a litre - what ??
Did it make a difference? I don't know why you 'blip' to change down anyway. That's a throwback to double de-clutching with a non-syncromesh gearbox. You should change down with 'sustained revolutions' i.e keeping your foot on the accelerator to match the speed of the car to the lower gear, not blipping. You will have a faster change with no jerks (really, I mean it) which is what a modern DCT does.
Last edited by BeeEmm on Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:20 pm

My local Tesco was selling regular unleaded for £1.219 a litre last week, but I put in Momentum as it was only 5p a litre more. I'll pay that much extra in the hope it improves performance and/or economy. :lol:

But I just won't pay the ridiculous premium Shell charge. :headbang:

And handily I usually drive past the Tesco most days!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:31 pm

wonkydonkey wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:27 pm You missed out the key piece of info we all wanted - did it bring your blips back??
only stuck it in today and drove 2 miles.. so far... :D
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:32 pm

Davz wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:22 pm Why not try Tesco momentum, 99 Ron and only £1.21
sounds good, i will definitely check that out :thumbsup:
Last edited by road warrior on Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeeEmm

Post by BeeEmm » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:41 pm

I don't believe in God, but I do believe that 98+ RON fuel protects and cleans my engines better than any lower grade fuels. I have used 'Shell V Power' or it's predecessor 'Optimax' for the past 25 years. I have owned 20 cars in the last 25 years and never once had an engine or fuel problem with any of them. It is not scientific, but have you ever had a fuel related problem using less than 99 RON?
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:43 pm

BeeEmm wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:17 pm
road warrior wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:19 pm so i filled up with shell v power ron 99 - ,it cost me 1.359 a litre - what ??
Did it make a difference? I don't know why you 'blip' to change down anyway. That's a throwback to double de-clutching with a non-syncromesh gearbox. You should change down with 'sustained revolutions' i.e keeping your foot on the accelerator to match the speed of the car to the lower gear, not blipping. You will have a faster change with no jerks (really, I mean it) which is what a modern DCT does.
my good sir - I am also a throwback .. thanks for your sage advice, and yes i am aware of the more technical technique, truth is, i blip because i enjoy it, I dont drive because i need to, i drive because i want to, and my lovely noisy gurgling exhaust makes an old man very happy. However you will be pleased to know that i dont blip the throttle any more when i stop the engine to fill up the carburettor reservoir anymore.. :wink: