Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

z4 2.0 Sport - Opinions & Performance

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
TDMPRO2K

Re: z4 2.0 Sport - Opinions & Performance

Post by TDMPRO2K » Sun May 17, 2009 5:12 pm

Before I got my Z4 i tested a 2.0 z4 at derby stratstone, and i then tested a 2.5i in sheffield. I couldn't believe the difference. that extra half litre did make a difference.

coupe-sport

Post by coupe-sport » Sun May 17, 2009 7:37 pm

I've got a 3.0 coupe and my other half has a 2.0 roadster - whilst i miss the outright grunt of the 3.0 the 2.0 is great to drive.

James
Sapphire Black 3.0 coupe | Monaco Blue 2.0 roadster

Spikey

Post by Spikey » Sun May 17, 2009 8:08 pm

Deagle, I still have the stock alloys (16") with the Rfts on them,they had only done 7k when I took them off, but they willbe going back on soon for a short while as I bought the split rims second hand and they have gotten really scabby over the winter so I will be getin them refurbed.
I had an mx5 for a weekend but it was the 1.8, I found it a bit tight and gutles, but the new one looks a lot better.
I had an older mr2 (rev3) and that was the most fun per buck I have owned yet (and I'm on my 4th bmw)
It just comes down to what you like and what suits you, I'm stuck on bmws now and can't see past them but the ironic thing is every one of my past 3 BMs have broken down on me at some point, and no car I had owned had ever done this to me!!! See no logic in it whatsoever, or do we just always forgive our loved ones! Ha ha

mikee_j

Post by mikee_j » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:33 pm

Was searching for a 'Z4 2.0i SE/Sport Owners' thread but couldn't find anything, but found this thread. Thought i'd bump it up and share my thoughts.

So far i'm absolutely loving my 2.0i sport, especially coming from an Astra 1.7cdi, it is massively better in every way. Living in London and using the Zed as a daily driver, the 2.0i was always going to be the sensible option and the company car allowance policy at work restricts me to cars under 200 co2 emissions. Therefore the 3.0 was out of the question. Insurance cost and running cost also factored into my choice.

So, i guess i want to hear more storys on your 2.0i Zeds... what mods have you done, what mods you got planned, 'must haves' for the 2.0i and so on...

Personally, the mods i have planned in the near future is to de-badge, fit the chrome tailpipe, hopefully switch the snap-in adpater to fit the iPhone and install the dension gateway 100. Might plan some more mods in the future once i've got used to the car and feel the urge to tinker, such as getting the car to sound a bit better, more grunt maybe.

Anyways... so far loving the 2.0i and best part of my day is definately at 6pm when i jump in the car to go home!

:thumbsup:

Dr Phibes

Post by Dr Phibes » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:12 pm

I was in Fulham on Sunday Mikee, but didn't see your Montego Blue anywhere.

Glad you're enjoying your Zed though. I know I do :thumbsup:

.Sterling Grey / Sat Nav / Hi Fi / Heated Leather / Bern 710's.

mikee_j

Post by mikee_j » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:31 am

Not surprised you didn't see the montego blue. Spent most of the day in surrey driving some lovely country roads and seeing what the car can do...

Woots
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Woots » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:21 am

Gettin 40 plus mpg which isnt bad for sittin at 80 all day long. No idea what i ll get next..possibly 330d??
But for now and another year im happy with my 2.0
Wouldnt say no to an m3 convertible tho!
Lotus Exige 350

aquazi
Lifer
Lifer

Post by aquazi » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:04 pm

imo in day to day driving there are very new times when the more power comes in useful... unless you like to gun it at the lights or slip roads. That being said i would miss the torque on my 3.0 if i had a 2.0.

Papa_Zee

z4 2.0 Sport - Opinions & Performance

Post by Papa_Zee » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:14 pm

All depends on what you want.

My E85 2.0i is my second Z4 and while it is the slowest, it is just right for me now as a daily driver and very clean and draws admiring looks from faster drivers. I am always let out at junctions even by Transit drivers - Shocking! I am completely happy with it.

My first was a (2006)2.5si and I agree with the other reviewer about how you can just buy this or the 3.0 ltr JUST FOR THE NOISE ALONE. It is glorious! However, they are thirstier and cost more in upkeep. Any Z4 (E85) is so much fun and the best part for me is many people (Except this forum) don't even realize it!

My immediate previous to this was a (2010) Porsche 911 cabrio. Crazy car which the wife hated, so had to go.

Hence back at another E85 (I think the E89 is ugly, but hey, just IMHO). Makes me miss the Porsche slightly less.

Go with your gut. Any E85 will put and keep the smile on your face!

Ciao!
E89 35is