Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E85 Airbag Faults!

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Buddy

E85 Airbag Faults!

Post by Buddy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:48 pm

I've had my Z4 2.2 2004 for nearly 2 years now and it has been very impressive in most things but from time to time I have had the airbag light come on, it clears with Carly but can return at any time, once the code was for the passenger door airbag unit so I changed that and the fault cleared, every other time the code shows it to be the Passenger B Pillar Airbag sensor.

I have ordered one which should be here in about a week but I have no idea exactly where it is installed, my guess of course is behind the trim panel behind the passenger seat but I don't know for sure how to access the area or if I'm correct in my guess.

Can anyone tell me if and how to gain access?

tug

E85 Airbag Faults!

Post by tug » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:09 pm

Not 100% but i am sure it is located under the carpet at the back of the passenger seat. But to get to it you have to remove the seat.

Hope this helps Buddy

Cheers, tug :thumbsup:
E85 N46 2.0i SE BLACK SAPPHIRE

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

E85 Airbag Faults!

Post by mac27040 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:40 pm

yes you need to disconnect battery for 20 mins, then remove passenger seat, pull carpet open as its got a join under the seat area. look against the cill back corner, the SBSL unit its bolted to the cill.

You will need to get it coded via SSSv32 or ISTA afterwoods to register it to the car and remove the airbag light. these units store other data in like mileage etc.

I have done this to mine and a couple of others Z4's on here. if you were local i have the software too.
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics