Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rogue Engineering rtabs

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Z4hid

Rogue Engineering rtabs

Post by Z4hid » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:28 am

Hi All,

Just another message asking for advice on rtabs.

I was going to go with Turner shims and OEM bushes and ordered accordingly but the very helpful Roy at CA advised that the rogue engineering rtabs were a better product. On further discussions he also advised that the rear shock mounts are terrible and the rogue engineering ones are transformative.

I trust Roy and don’t doubt any of this but just wanted to see if people here have this setup as my only concern is that improved handling might come at the price of a more stiffer ride and more vibration.

I don’t track the car so is for road use and only really comes out for spirited Sunday morning drives.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Zahid
Z4hid
Z4 Coupe | 3.0si | Grey | Amarone interior

TomK

Rogue Engineering rtabs

Post by TomK » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:18 am

The only thing I'd trust Roy with is trying to relieve my wallet of money, he's a salesman after all.
Neither of those recommendations are at all necessary or beneficial really for a road car ime.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

R60BBA

Rogue Engineering rtabs

Post by R60BBA » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Go for Powerflex Black RTABs mate.

A tried and tested product which has been used on many BMWs.
Current: 2002 E46 M3
Current: 2005 997 Carrera S
Gone: 2004 R53 Cooper S
Gone: 1998 E31 840Ci Sport
Gone: 2007 Z4 E86 3.0Si Sport
Gone: 2001 Z3 E36/7 2.2i San Remo Individual
Gone: 2015 F21 116d M Sport
Gone: 2012 A3 Sportback 1.2TFSI

Z4hid

Rogue Engineering rtabs

Post by Z4hid » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:29 pm

Thank guys.
In my haste I ordered the products this morning - emailed this lunchtime to cancel, got an email an hour ago to say its too late and a -20% re-stocking fee will apply to return the items :headbang:
Z4hid

MalNCH

Rogue Engineering rtabs

Post by MalNCH » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Zahid wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:29 pm Thank guys.
In my haste I ordered the products this morning - emailed this lunchtime to cancel, got an email an hour ago to say its too late and a -20% re-stocking fee will apply to return the items :headbang:
I run a business and can tell you it's against the law to charge a restocking fee if it was a distance sale, i.e. over the phone or on the internet. You are entitled to a full refund by law, and that includes any outward delivery costs you paid. You pay for the return delivery if their T&Cs state it, if they don't mention return costs they should be paying that as well.

The very helpful Roy sounds like a bit of a shark IMO.

This is assuming you are in the UK and buying from the UK.
2004 E85 3.0i, Titan Silver Metallic.

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Rogue Engineering rtabs

Post by markplant » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:28 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if those items are not even in stock at the aforementioned place
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

TomK

Rogue Engineering rtabs

Post by TomK » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:30 pm

What an arse, but I can't say I'm surprised. It's also illegal to charge a restocking fee on a distance sell, assuming you return the package undamaged.

eta: beaten too it! and yes that you are in the uk.

and stick with oe bushes from bmw imo.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

Truth

Rogue Engineering rtabs

Post by Truth » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:11 pm

That’s what I got advised. I’ve turner limiters and bmw bushes. No squeaking, knocking and a tight rear end!
Z4MC

Z4hid

Rogue Engineering rtabs

Post by Z4hid » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:52 pm

MalNCH wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:21 pm
I run a business and can tell you it's against the law to charge a restocking fee if it was a distance sale, i.e. over the phone or on the internet. You are entitled to a full refund by law, and that includes any outward delivery costs you paid. You pay for the return delivery if their T&Cs state it, if they don't mention return costs they should be paying that as well.

The very helpful Roy sounds like a bit of a shark IMO.

This is assuming you are in the UK and buying from the UK.
That’s really interesting to know, thank you.
I looked this up further and your advice is absolutely spot on.

https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds
Z4hid

jampudding

Rogue Engineering rtabs

Post by jampudding » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:17 pm

I didn't realise re-stocking fees could not be charged. I notice quite a few places charge that.
Z4 3.0i Auto Black Sapphire - Dream Red Oregon - Wind Deflector/Isofix/Seat Heating/Xenon/TV/BT/Prof Carver/Elec Fold Ext Mirrors/Grad Tint WindScreen/Auto Dim Int & Ext/ Storage Comp Pack/PDC/CC/Nav Sys Prof/6 CD Changer/DDC/Chrome Line Int etc etc

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Rogue Engineering rtabs

Post by Scooba_Steve » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:33 pm

Be a good citizen and report them to Trading Standards (however useless they may be!). I have sued two retailers regarding postage refunds or restocking fees - they should know better.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Rogue Engineering rtabs

Post by Scooba_Steve » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:39 pm

Hmmm just looked at CA site, wow where to start!

3% credit card fee, no longer allowed (Jan 18?)
25% re-stocking fee
Refund admin fee
Return carriage - must cover if faulty

I bet the required information isn't sent out in a durable medium either...
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

mjennings23

Rogue Engineering rtabs

Post by mjennings23 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:39 am

Those terms and conditions make them out to be a joke of a company and one I'd never give a penny to.

All 4 points that Steve mentions above are in breach of UK consumer laws, so if they give you any trouble then I'd have no hesitation in reporting them to trading standards.

Z4hid

Rogue Engineering rtabs

Post by Z4hid » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:56 am

Agreed -its pretty clear that the policy is in breach of law.

As I've made this public, for full disclosure, this is the email i sent today:

Hi Roy,

Thanks again for your advice on the car. Following our chat yesterday, I'm really not comfortable with a -20% restocking charge for changing my mind on these products.
The chain of events are as follows:
1.I contacted you for TMS shims
2.You kindly advised alternative products
3.I paid the extra monies the following day
4.By lunchtime the same day I dropped you an email to cancel the order
5.You contacted me to advise the items have been sent that lunchtime and a -20% re-stocking fee will apply for returns

I appreciate its frustrating when customers change their minds but unfortunately these thing happen. This was discussed on the forum last night and transpires its within customers right to request a full refund and re-stocking fees are not allowed for distance selling.

https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds

On the forum I posted that perhaps you've made a mistake on this or were incorrectly advised so have left it open for you to make good and give a full refund as soon as the products arrive to you.

Again, my apologies for changing my mind but hope you honor the correct refund policy and amend your T&C's on your website so I can post a positive outcome to this on the forum.

Thanks
Zahid
Z4hid

DaveD

Rogue Engineering rtabs

Post by DaveD » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:15 pm

Well written email there. Let us know how you get on
Z4 Coupe 3.0si - Stratus Grey - M sport seats, headlining, New England, Carver, Cruise, Xenons, sT XTAs, Eisenmann race, 18” 405m
G21 M340i - Tanzanite - Tech Pack, Comfort + Pack, Visibility pack, pan roof.