Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Missing a bit off my Zed

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Missing a bit off my Zed

Post by ben g » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:32 pm

Just to confirm, removing no. 40 fuse (30a) works :thumbsup: excellent stuff. I assume it'll need to be put back in for the MOT? I only have halogens, so unsure whether it's a case of if headlamp washers are installed, they need to function as normal?

Not a problem if so, only takes a few seconds. I just hope I remember next year :lol:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Missing a bit off my Zed

Post by MACK » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:56 pm

Id have to check but I think Carly also allows you to turn them off. I know it definitely lets you set them to operate less frequently as I set mine to the min it allowed of 9 to 1 or something like that. Ill try and have a look later. I wouldnt mine turning mine off as they piss me off for the reasons already mentioned.

To be honest Ben's pulling the fuse method is quicker, are the headlight washers the only thing on that fuse Ben?
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Missing a bit off my Zed

Post by ben g » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:56 pm

I believe so. I had a quick look at the fuse card and couldn't see anything else that uses fuse 40.

The Carly option sounds good, but they will still activate whenever you have your lights on, after every single start up, I think. That's how they work from factory anyway.

This time of year, I'm using my washers in both the journey to and from work, every day, so that's twice that the headlamp washers would be activating, every single day. Drives me mad as it leaves the front end looking a right mess :cry:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Missing a bit off my Zed

Post by MACK » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:04 pm

ben g wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:56 pm I believe so. I had a quick look at the fuse card and couldn't see anything else that uses fuse 40.

The Carly option sounds good, but they will still activate whenever you have your lights on, after every single start up, I think. That's how they work from factory anyway.

This time of year, I'm using my washers in both the journey to and from work, every day, so that's twice that the headlamp washers would be activating, every single day. Drives me mad as it leaves the front end looking a right mess :cry:
Totally agree about them making a mess of the front end, drives me mad after a wash, drives me insane after I've polished it.
How much real difference do they make anyway? The headlights (even the xenons) are sh!te!
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Missing a bit off my Zed

Post by Marlon » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:33 pm

mr wilks wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:42 pm
skelters wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:33 pm https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E46-E60- ... :rk:3:pf:0

Don't know if that's it.
Unfortunately it isnt :cry:
This is the unit https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z4-E85-0 ... ctupt=true , the cap itself is around £30 colour coded or £16 unprimed or painted
Got a link to the caps Andy?
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S