Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

To coupe or not to coupe!

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:23 pm

R60BBA wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:53 am Coupe - for shopping trips. :P
Vert - for fun in the sun. :driving: 8) :thumbsup:

Also recommend a manual box for both cars.

Take your pick. :thumbsup:
Sorted your small error out there? :wink:

JonLeeper

Post by JonLeeper » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:28 pm

Phoenixboy wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:14 pm us E89 owners enjoy the benefits of both options :poke:
Stop it.
My daily driver, and occasional track toy,
56 plate e86 3.0si sport.
Black
6 pot front brakes
B12 kit
Front and rear strut braces
Polly bushed
Short shift kit

90 miles and climbing, slowly.
:driving:

Gazza51

Post by Gazza51 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:42 pm

Phoenixboy wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:14 pm us E89 owners enjoy the benefits of both options :poke:
Without a boot :poke:

I bought a Coupe just because I like the look
Current - Z4 MC, M3 CSL, S54 Z3MR, Z1.

R60BBA

Post by R60BBA » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:42 pm

buzyg wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:23 pm
R60BBA wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:53 am Coupe - for shopping trips. :P
Vert - for fun in the sun. :driving: 8) :thumbsup:

Also recommend a manual box for both cars.

Take your pick. :thumbsup:
Sorted your small error out there? :wink:
Haha there was no error bro. :rofl:

The YouTube video in my signature confirms what I originally said. :driving: :thumbsup:
Current: 2002 E46 M3
Current: 2005 997 Carrera S
Gone: 2004 R53 Cooper S
Gone: 1998 E31 840Ci Sport
Gone: 2007 Z4 E86 3.0Si Sport
Gone: 2001 Z3 E36/7 2.2i San Remo Individual
Gone: 2015 F21 116d M Sport
Gone: 2012 A3 Sportback 1.2TFSI

JonLeeper

Post by JonLeeper » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:07 pm

Ok so found a dealer close with a 3.0si SE for sale. Auto box. He wants £11k for it so I'm never going to pay that much but I did get a test drive. Since that was the aim of the game I was happy. Conclusions the Coupe is even prettier kn the flesh and beats the roadster with a hardtop into a cocked hat! Also the autobox suits it for driving in traffic but there was still plenty of grunt available when using the paddle shift , especially with the sport button pressed. And it will let you hold gears and change down even when it's not really advisable!

If you can't tell I think om sold!
Black
6 pot front brakes
B12 kit
Polly bushed
Short shift kit

NickDE

Post by NickDE » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:36 pm

JonLeeper wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:07 pm Ok so found a dealer close with a 3.0si SE for sale. Auto box. He wants £11k for it so I'm never going to pay that much but I did get a test drive. Since that was the aim of the game I was happy. Conclusions the Coupe is even prettier kn the flesh and beats the roadster with a hardtop into a cocked hat! Also the autobox suits it for driving in traffic but there was still plenty of grunt available when using the paddle shift , especially with the sport button pressed. And it will let you hold gears and change down even when it's not really advisable!

If you can't tell I think om sold!
Of course you are. A Z4C auto is a thing made of beauty and pleasure.
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:39 pm

NickDE wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:36 pm Of course you are. A Z4C is a thing made of beauty and pleasure.
That's better - doesn't matter which gearbox you prefer, so long as it's a Coupe! :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

NickDE

Post by NickDE » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:47 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:39 pm
NickDE wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:36 pm Of course you are. A Z4C is a thing made of beauty and pleasure.
That's better - doesn't matter which gearbox you prefer, so long as it's a Coupe! :thumbsup:
Yes, But it's even better with an auto :driving:
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:52 pm

NickDE wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:47 pm Yes, But it's even better with an auto
Oh no it isn't! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

JonLeeper

Post by JonLeeper » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:05 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:52 pm
NickDE wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:47 pm Yes, But it's even better with an auto
Oh no it isn't! :lol:
He's behind you!
Black
6 pot front brakes
B12 kit
Polly bushed
Short shift kit

Doddsy

Post by Doddsy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:07 pm

Coupe FTW! :driving:
Now: Z4MC Titan Silver
Gone: E86 3.0Si Sport Titan Silver - M exhaust + bumper - Battery Relocated - Aero Front
E86 3.0Si Sport Silver Grey - Carbon Diffuser - Aero Kit - B/Box Mod - Storm MW V2
E85 2.5 Si Sport Titan Silver

Ed Doe

Post by Ed Doe » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:18 am

Hi Jon,

Just to add my tuppence - if you're wanting to do a few trackdays and enjoy the spirited driving side more then imo a coupe is definitely where its at. I loved mine and was extremely sad to see it go. As you can see I couldn't keep away for more than a couple of months (in the wife's words; "you're so predictable!"). In my opinion there's nothing sub 30k (and really very little this side of a 997 GT3) I'd prefer to have in the garage than a Coupe.

The gearbox is definitely personal preference - for me I will always prefer the challenge and additional level of control you get with a proper manual gearbox. Buying a sports car and a proper drivers car, for me it would always have to have a manual. That being said the auto is supposedly fairly decent, certainly better than the woeful autos of old, and less clunky than the smg from the m3 etc.

Obviously it's down to your personal preference at the end of the day - I guess the mileage you do in stop start traffic will play a factor in your decision!!

Good luck with the search - it's a good time to be looking whilst it's winter and people don't want the summer sports car....!

Final thought too - what a massive shame you weren't shopping when my coupe was for sale in August/September - it had the brakes you've already bought, quaife lsd, bilstein suspension, powerflex bushes, midbox removal (subtle noise increase) and was silver grey just like your roadie! It was for sale for around £7,300 from memory too :(
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

JonLeeper

Post by JonLeeper » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:52 pm

Ed Doe wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:18 am Hi Jon,

Just to add my tuppence - if you're wanting to do a few trackdays and enjoy the spirited driving side more then imo a coupe is definitely where its at. I loved mine and was extremely sad to see it go. As you can see I couldn't keep away for more than a couple of months (in the wife's words; "you're so predictable!"). In my opinion there's nothing sub 30k (and really very little this side of a 997 GT3) I'd prefer to have in the garage than a Coupe.

The gearbox is definitely personal preference - for me I will always prefer the challenge and additional level of control you get with a proper manual gearbox. Buying a sports car and a proper drivers car, for me it would always have to have a manual. That being said the auto is supposedly fairly decent, certainly better than the woeful autos of old, and less clunky than the smg from the m3 etc.

Obviously it's down to your personal preference at the end of the day - I guess the mileage you do in stop start traffic will play a factor in your decision!!

Good luck with the search - it's a good time to be looking whilst it's winter and people don't want the summer sports car....!

Final thought too - what a massive shame you weren't shopping when my coupe was for sale in August/September - it had the brakes you've already bought, quaife lsd, bilstein suspension, powerflex bushes, midbox removal (subtle noise increase) and was silver grey just like your roadie! It was for sale for around £7,300 from memory too :(
Edd I'm gutted I wasn't looking then as well! I think I've missed a couple of really nice cars and am kicking myself now. Oh well 20-20 hindsight and all that.
Black
6 pot front brakes
B12 kit
Polly bushed
Short shift kit

Ilogik

Post by Ilogik » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:09 pm

Get a coupe, it gets a lot of attention and comments. I used to change my car yearly, i've not had mine nearly 4 years. I've owned a roadster and a coupe and the coupes boot is pretty practical :)

Piper1

Post by Piper1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:54 pm

I keep debating about getting a z4c myself, not getting rid of my roady any time soon, then I remind myself how little I turn around to look at my a$$ and how 90% of my drive time is with the top down :driving:

All though I’ve been in a conundrum of late on a z4c or z4mr since both are close in price ranges at the moment but it would be an addition not taking the place of my roadster I currently have.
03 Z4 2.5i
ESS VT1, Racing Dynamics SS headers ceramic coated, Full Super Sprint system, 4.10:1 LSD, K Sport BBK, Koni yellow/eibach combo, and lots of other bits
07 e86 3.0si stock for the moment