Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

is there an electrical section?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
road warrior

Post by road warrior » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:01 am

While sitting in the car for an hour fiddling with Bluetooth and getting it to talk to my phone or not - I have given up on the in house sat Nav as a lost cause or some amusement when bored, anyway, my battery suddenly went dead. Oh crap.. So first question. What kind of battery draw happens with the ignition on for an hour and would that kill a healthy battery?
In the best tradition of blue Peter, I get a new spare battery out of the garage and whack it on. I will get the original battery tested today if I can.
Now.. As already stated I have a non working TV and a non working CD multi disk, neither of which I am too fussed about. But.. The wiring in the boot is a bloody nightmare (I don't understand it) and is a disaster waiting to happen IMHO. So.. Replacing the handbrake has financially destroyed me so I'm broke now. Is there anybody willing to sort out my boot wiring and loose wires? It had a digital tuner that has died with bare wires that obviously went straight to the battery. I am happy to drive to wherever you are.
Help me OBI WAN.
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:34 pm

looks like your all busy then , this is not the droid your looking for, puke pubcrawler
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.