Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

drivers mirror fell off - do Ebay replacements come with backing plate

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Sky-drive

Post by Sky-drive » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:40 pm

So the glass in my drivers wing mirror finally decided to part company from my Zed despite constant attempts to keep it stuck to the backing plate.

Been looking at getting a cheap replacement on Ebay - anyone know if the backing plate (that the glass is stuck to) also comes with the glass?

The backing plate currently in situ within the mirror casing has so much residual adhesive on it its probably best to replace the whole lot. Any help/advice much appreciated.
Xenons | LED S/lights | CF Trim | Royale SW | ZHP | CDV | AUX | DISA | Vanos Refurb | Cruise | MV2s | Roof motor > boot | K&N | Sound Gen | Interior LEDs | E/H seats | Remapped

Crazy Harry

Post by Crazy Harry » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:29 pm

No - well mine didn't so don't try to pull the rubberised surface off the mechanism.

I cleaned mine with surgical spirit (only because we always have a bottle in the house to remove tics from dogs etc) but any universal solvent will do then used double sided gorilla tape to fit the glass onto the clean rubber surface.

Sky-drive

Post by Sky-drive » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:59 pm

Crazy Harry, thanks, l will give that a go
Xenons | LED S/lights | CF Trim | Royale SW | ZHP | CDV | AUX | DISA | Vanos Refurb | Cruise | MV2s | Roof motor > boot | K&N | Sound Gen | Interior LEDs | E/H seats | Remapped