Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Front control arm bushes

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
chuckmiester

Front control arm bushes

Post by chuckmiester » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:58 am

Just had the car into sytners in Sheffield for a few bits looking at that are under the extended warranty. They’ve given the car a health check and found everything else to be I good condition apart from worn front control arm bushes, these aren’t covered under warranty. Just wondering if these are an easy diy job and the best place to buy these from. :thumbsup:
Digging deep and tipping high
2017 Range Rover velar
2003 Porsche Carrera C4s
2004 3.0 z4 merlot red/cream leather

synthedup

Front control arm bushes

Post by synthedup » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:40 am

chuckmiester wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:58 am Just had the car into sytners in Sheffield for a few bits looking at that are under the extended warranty. They’ve given the car a health check and found everything else to be I good condition apart from worn front control arm bushes, these aren’t covered under warranty. Just wondering if these are an easy diy job and the best place to buy these from. :thumbsup:
Not a hard job to do.

If they want silly money tell them you will sort it yourself, i'm only in Rotherham if you need a hand.

chuckmiester

Front control arm bushes

Post by chuckmiester » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:02 am

synthedup wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:40 am
chuckmiester wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:58 am Just had the car into sytners in Sheffield for a few bits looking at that are under the extended warranty. They’ve given the car a health check and found everything else to be I good condition apart from worn front control arm bushes, these aren’t covered under warranty. Just wondering if these are an easy diy job and the best place to buy these from. :thumbsup:
Not a hard job to do.

If they want silly money tell them you will sort it yourself, i'm only in Rotherham if you need a hand.
Thanks for that.
Just had a look on YouTube and looks really easy to do.
I’ll have a bash when I get it back home.
2017 Range Rover velar
2003 Porsche Carrera C4s

synthedup

Front control arm bushes

Post by synthedup » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:23 am

chuckmiester wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:02 am
synthedup wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:40 am
Not a hard job to do.

Thanks for that.
Sound, you will have to give the old bush a good smack with a lump hammer and chisel to get it off if you dont have the proper tool. :thumbsup:

chuckmiester

Front control arm bushes

Post by chuckmiester » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:56 am

synthedup wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:23 am
chuckmiester wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:02 am
synthedup wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:40 am Not a hard job to do.

Thanks for that.
Sound, you will have to give the old bush a good smack with a lump hammer and chisel to get it off if you dont have the proper tool. :thumbsup:
ok. I don’t think the bushes have been on that long. I remember the father in law having them fitted in the last 2 years.
Does the bush need splitting to get it of or are they just a tight fit?
(The farther in law has very kindly given us the car)
2017 Range Rover velar
2003 Porsche Carrera C4s

synthedup

Front control arm bushes

Post by synthedup » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:09 pm

chuckmiester wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:56 am
synthedup wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:23 am
chuckmiester wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:02 am Thanks for that.
ok. I don’t think the bushes have been on that long. I remember the father in law having them fitted in the last 2 years.
Does the bush need splitting to get it of or are they just a tight fit?
(The farther in law has very kindly given us the car)
They're just a very tight fit.

Even after just 2 years they will be on there good. my advice would be to remove the two bolts and pull the arm down, then use a but of 2"x4" wood to put between the lower arm and the car so you can give it a a good firm smack :thumbsup: