Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

new 2.5si

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
garz

new 2.5si

Post by garz » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:21 pm

Hi guys

Looking for ideas and mods for my car.

Also looking to change wheels.....question is to go 18" or 19". Love the look of 19s but I like a decent ride and don't want to feel every bump on the road??? Can anyone advise of best wheel/tyre sizes/ratio to achieve this. In a perfect world id like a non extreme 19" wheel that fills the arches nicely and has a degree of comfort.. or is that asking too much?
failing that is it 18" with M sport tyre sizes??

Would also like to hear ideas for common things to do to the car.

cheers folks

pics will follow soon :thumbsup:

Spaniarduk

new 2.5si

Post by Spaniarduk » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:52 pm

I have a z4m with original rims and tyre sizes. People say it's quite hard, but in my opinion I would only discribe it as 'firm' but perfectly comfy on long drives. Whatever you do AVOID runflat tyres! They tramline like crazy and do make the ride crashy. They're also heavier (and more expensive!) than a normal tyre, which will affect handling, acceleration, braking and comfort.

As for anything else to do to your car I'd say 'maintenance, maintenance, maintenance'.
1. Make sure to clear your roof drains at least once a year
2. Replace engine oil and filter once a year regardless of mileage and never let it stay there for more than 10k miles.
3. A good aftermarket stereo and speakers are a must if you intend to listen to music at anything over 50mph. The standard BMW system is awful. All this is quite personal preference, of course
Volando voy
Volando vengo
Volando voy
Volando vengo, -engo
Y por el camino
Yo me entretengo 🕺💃

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

new 2.5si

Post by Smartbear » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:19 pm

Hi Garz, plenty of info on the site for fitting uprated sound systems, cruise control, roof motor relocation info, water pump replacement, exhaust & intake sound mods etc etc.
Now show us some pics :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

the stripler

new 2.5si

Post by the stripler » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:49 pm

Theres a few guys on here can point you in the right direction re: wheel sizes, ET, tyres etc. It is a minefield!!
Bmw Z4 2.5 Si, Hellrot Red, Style 224s, Zorst tips, Cupholders,
SEAT Exeo ST170, superchipped to 215hp.
Audi A3 S-Line.
Honda SP2 S4.
1984 Mongoose Supergoose.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb4 ... 0cpufq.jpg

noiseboy72

new 2.5si

Post by noiseboy72 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:09 pm

This is mine on 18" rims. I think they fill the wheel arches well and it's now on Eagle 2s, so the ride is acceptable, even with the "Sport" suspension. It still tramlines a bit, but mainly at low speed, so not a huge problem.

It's also got the modded back box, so a little bit droney, but sounds great when pushed hard.
Attachments
Car2.jpg
Car2.jpg (146.09 KiB) Viewed 937 times
E85 2.5si Sport in dark blue. Calibre CC S wheels

What could possibly go wrong!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

new 2.5si

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:56 pm

Welcome to the forum garz. :thumbsup:

Wheels and tyres are a bit of a minefield!

If you go for 19s to get the car sitting right (and to keep the speedo vaguely accurate) you'll need lower profile tyres than you would for 18s, so the ride won't be as good - and tyres will cost more!

I recently got a set of 18" 295s for my E86, and as they are an E89 wheel they have a different offset which brings them a bit further out into the wheelarches. I'm really pleased with them. :) But you could get the same effect by using spacers on E85/86 wheels.

But as it's mostly about how they look on the car see what you like and go from there. Hopefully this thread may help:- viewtopic.php?f=6&t=98684
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

the stripler

new 2.5si

Post by the stripler » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:06 am

:thumbsup:
Bmw Z4 2.5 Si, Hellrot Red, Style 224s, Zorst tips, Cupholders,
SEAT Exeo ST170, superchipped to 215hp.
Audi A3 S-Line.
Honda SP2 S4.
1984 Mongoose Supergoose.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb4 ... 0cpufq.jpg

garz

new 2.5si

Post by garz » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:10 am

Thanks guys, im thinking I'll go 18 with a bit more sidewall, im guessing thats the best option for best ride?
And hopefully that will fill the arches nicely. What are the best options in terms of ET? And should i go staggered or square? Does it really matter or is it a preference thing.
Sorry for all the questions, just wanna get it right