Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FK'N SAGA INSURANCE

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

FK'N SAGA INSURANCE

Post by ronk » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:38 pm

They think that ´screen fit is acceptable?

It would seem that there’s no pride in work/Skills these days.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Rich8

FK'N SAGA INSURANCE

Post by Rich8 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:27 pm

It is an undeniably bad fit. If you keep pushing on that you will win.
You just gotta weigh up whether it’s worth your bother or not.

If you can walk away and live with it, you’re a type of person in this world that I admire, and i’m certain you live a happier life than me because of it. :thumbsup:

I simply couldn’t. I would have exploded in frustration and annoyance and be pissed off about it forevermore.

warmasice

FK'N SAGA INSURANCE

Post by warmasice » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:54 am

A friend had a windscreen fitted which sat too low and there ended up being loads of water ingress into the car. Water marks all over the inside of the roof, seat, wet floor etc. The company had to come back out to refit the screen higher up. No problems since.

Crazy Harry

FK'N SAGA INSURANCE

Post by Crazy Harry » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:24 am

Still think you can chase this. Its National Windscreens responsibility to fit it correctly - they were under contract to do it regardless of the insurance company who in fact only acted for you in providing part payment (all but the £75 excess).

I had a screen go on a classic earlier this year and after two missed appointments (they never turned up) I told national windscreens where to go having already agreed with my insurers via my broker that I would change it myself - emailed the supply invoice to the insurer as a PDF and got a cheque in the post next morning. Don't give up - send them photos of Zeds on here to show what it should look like.

Wouldn't let National Windscreens sweep our street after dealing with them in June - It took them 3 weeks to come out to the initial stone chip!:thumbsdown: - no doubt how Saga keep their costs down.

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

FK'N SAGA INSURANCE

Post by mmm-five » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:44 am

If the fitter is saying it’s fine, the insurance company are saying it’s fine, then how do you prove it’s not fitted ‘correctly’...and what does ‘correctly’ mean?

If it fits, and works, then that might fit their criteria of “correctly’...even if it’s not in exactly the same position as the original one.

Sounds like you’ll have to get an independent ‘glazing technician/engineer’ or BMW service dept to declare that it’s fitted incorrectly.

Have you checked that you’ve not got a coupe screen by mistake? (sorry, can’t remember which one is slightly bigger/smaller, other than them not being compatible for some reason).
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

AlienZed

FK'N SAGA INSURANCE

Post by AlienZed » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:02 am

Good points Tony.btbh given up now .spent most of the morning ont fone just getting more n more worked up .not good for me that
The fitted job cannnot fault it just the screen is 3-4mm smaller allround .and looks shite to me .anyone else wouldnt notice it but having had a correct one in its stands out to me.. :wink: .
Just have to get behind you on a run sure it wouldnt last long then :wink:
M

Rich8

FK'N SAGA INSURANCE

Post by Rich8 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:55 pm

If it’s 3-4 mm smaller all round it is simply not the correct screen!!
Not a suitable alternative to OEM! How can they claim it is if it’s that much different in size!!
It may even have structural/safety implications (a statement which, if you haven’t used already, is likely to 5hit them up a bit :D ).

They always resist initially, because they know a lot of people will give in. After a while they realise you aren’t one of the ones that is just going to go away and you get passed to someone who eventually capitulates and gives you what you want.

Sorry. I’m only meaning to help, but starting to sound more like nagging, so I’ll shut up now. I just don’t want to see you settle for something I’m convinced you can get sorted if you are prepared to stick with it. It has always worked for me.....eventually.