Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Decisions. Decisions. What am I to do??

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
jakblade

Post by jakblade » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:17 pm

Unfortunately that time has come when i have to leave the great Z4 ownership program.
The Zed has to go due to changes in family and lifestyle circumstances.
Big dilemma is do I spend the time stripping off all the goodies and selling them to you lovely folk on here or sell it on as is???
I know a lot of you will say sell the bits separately but I could do with it gone, it's a time thing....
2004 2.5,clear fronts,sides,rears,stubby.Self quad conv+rear bumper, Aero's,108's,spacers, cruise, mfsw, 3.0l brake conv,m-tec discs.Modded Z4M bumper

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:23 pm

Shame you're Z4 ownership is having to end. :(

But you know the answer really - you'll get more selling the goodies and the car separately. It's just whether you feel the extra cash is worth the time and effort!

Unless you try advertising on here with the goodies still on - a forum member is more likely to appreciate them.

Anyway, GLWTS. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

ErrErrminator

Post by ErrErrminator » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:50 pm

As Mr Tidy said, it’s a shame you have to leave, but if needs must.....

You’ll definitely make more by removing the goodies and selling them separately, but only you can decide if a few hundred quid extra is worth the effort of returning it to standard and it hanging around a bit longer. Fully understand the desire to get it sold quickly once you’ve made the decision that it has to go.

May I be the first to say though, if you do sell the bits I would be very keen on the M front bumper and possibly the aero skirts! :roll:

Yorkie Z

Post by Yorkie Z » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:55 pm

I'd sell it as it is. Has to be far more desirable with the goodies on it. Also winter is coming so not the best time to sell. Are you replacing with anything fun?
A Dirty M///

jakblade

Post by jakblade » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:58 pm

Yorkie Z wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:55 pm I'd sell it as it is. Has to be far more desirable with the goodies on it. Also winter is coming so not the best time to sell. Are you replacing with anything fun?
Yeah, not the best time to sell. Replacement vehicle couldn't be more the opposite of the Zed. Nissan Pathfinder...
2004 2.5,clear fronts,sides,rears,stubby.Self quad conv+rear bumper, Aero's,108's,spacers, cruise, mfsw, 3.0l brake conv,m-tec discs.Modded Z4M bumper

greg81

Post by greg81 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:05 pm

ScoobyR1 on here sold his old 2.5 with loads of bits on and the new owner stripped them all off. He massively regretted not taking them off himself!

ErrErrminator

Post by ErrErrminator » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:09 pm

greg81 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:05 pm ScoobyR1 on here sold his old 2.5 with loads of bits on and the new owner stripped them all off. He massively regretted not taking them off himself!
Yes, he did (not quite all of them though), then I bought it and started adding bits back on again! :)

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:26 pm

I would sell as is myself. Not the most profitable, but it passes on your vision of a Zed and it's less hastle. GLWTS