Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Opinions Please (Reg: YC06 OKL)

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Chenti

Post by Chenti » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:13 pm

Evening All

As some of you will know I'm out there looking for my 1st Zed..

I'm looking at this one soon, what's the general thoughts on it from what the advert says?
Anyone on here know some history on it, a previous forum car maybe?
Anyone dealt with the dealer before, Mainline Motor Company?

Roof motor has not been relocated, looking at the boot picture..so thats going to be on the todo list
Possibly needs that whip removing too :D

Looks pretty standard for an 3.0si ?

Many Thanks

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... esc&page=1

rally-chris

Post by rally-chris » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:38 pm

The spec looks OK but not spectacular - e.g. heated seats but no Xenons. There is no decent phot of the front of the car, and the one three quarter view suggests the front fog lights are shot (typical problem, new lights are around £60 each) and perhaps the paint on the front end isn’t too fresh if they aren’t keen to show it in a picture.

I don’t know anything about that particular car but the YC registration prefix is often a sign that it was a BMW demo or management car when new (my coupe is a YC08), registered in North Yorkshire by the BMW UK distribution centre, so expect the first owner to have only kept it for 6 months or so.

Chris
08 Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe in Montego Blue

Chenti

Post by Chenti » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:09 pm

rally-chris wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:38 pm The spec looks OK but not spectacular - e.g. heated seats but no Xenons. There is no decent phot of the front of the car, and the one three quarter view suggests the front fog lights are shot (typical problem, new lights are around £60 each) and perhaps the paint on the front end isn’t too fresh if they aren’t keen to show it in a picture.

I don’t know anything about that particular car but the YC registration prefix is often a sign that it was a BMW demo or management car when new (my coupe is a YC08), registered in North Yorkshire by the BMW UK distribution centre, so expect the first owner to have only kept it for 6 months or so.

Chris
Cheers for that Chris
You have a good eye and good eye sight I would have not known about the fog lamps. I guess the dark patch is the giveaway from the pics we have available.

Regards Xenons, The advert says its got them. Is there something in the pics that suggests otherwise?

What other spec would you be looking at to make you go... Its a good one?

Thanks
Vince

rally-chris

Post by rally-chris » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:16 pm

Xenons won’t have the headlamp range adjuster on the RH dashboard next to the headlight switch and illumination dimmer and that is clearly visible in the picture IIRC.

rally-chris

Post by rally-chris » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:18 pm

12554279-B5A4-439F-AF9B-9810A925E11A.jpeg
12554279-B5A4-439F-AF9B-9810A925E11A.jpeg (144.78 KiB) Viewed 634 times

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:40 pm

It looks as if the rear springs have been replaced, and with the wrong ones. It looks a bit high.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:09 pm

OP, on the plus side it has got the rear parking sensors and the Multi-Function Steering Wheel as well - and while I can't tell from the photos, Cirrus Aluminium trim is pretty rare too!

Xenons are way better on unlit roads, but maybe the lack of them isn't such an issue depending on how you plan to use it.

I've no experience of that garage, but it's only 4 or 5 miles from me so I could always drop by!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:28 am

I think that looks pretty clean and is priced very well for a dealer car. Defo no xenons as mentioned above and no cruise but that's a fairly easy retrofit if it bothers you. Lack of Satnav is not a deal breaker these days, doesn't mention the audio package so would assume basic.

Defo worth a visit I'd say.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

Chenti

Post by Chenti » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:56 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:09 pm OP, on the plus side it has got the rear parking sensors and the Multi-Function Steering Wheel as well - and while I can't tell from the photos, Cirrus Aluminium trim is pretty rare too!

Xenons are way better on unlit roads, but maybe the lack of them isn't such an issue depending on how you plan to use it.

I've no experience of that garage, but it's only 4 or 5 miles from me so I could always drop by!
Hello. Thanks for the feedback and offer to view. Could I take you up on that please?
If it looks worthy contender I'll head to the dealer soon too
Thanks a lot

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:00 pm

Chenti wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:56 pm Hello. Thanks for the feedback and offer to view. Could I take you up on that please?
Thanks a lot
Hi, I'll book a viewing - are there any specific things you want looked at?

If so, maybe pm me! :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Chenti

Post by Chenti » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:11 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:00 pm
Chenti wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:56 pm Hello. Thanks for the feedback and offer to view. Could I take you up on that please?
Thanks a lot
Hi, I'll book a viewing - are there any specific things you want looked at?

If so, maybe pm me! :thumbsup:
Could you PM me? I'm still a newbie. :oops: