Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMWPartsOnline

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
MrC

BMWPartsOnline

Post by MrC » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:32 pm

Hi guys

Long time lurker, the site is full of useful information but I am struggling to find anything about BMWpartsonline. Has anyone had any dealings with them? I Ordered some bits for the z4 two weeks ago, at first Daniel was very informative and very helpful in finding my parts, I was initially told they would take a couple of days to come in and then they would be shipped out to me. Two weeks later I am still waiting and he is not responding to my calls, emails or messages. The landline is answered by an exterior office who are less than helpful and his mobile number just keeps ringing to which he doesn’t respond.

Has anyone had any dealings with this company?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Sam

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

BMWPartsOnline

Post by mmm-five » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:23 pm

Sorry, just checked, and it's a different one, I was getting confused.

https://www.bmwpartsonline.co.uk (your link) is not https://www.online-parts.co.uk/bmw-spare-parts/ (my link)

I use online-parts.co.uk - one with the Rybrook logo on the top-right.

Although I find the website more hassle than it's worth (and more expensive, with odd surcharges) than phoning them (or Cotswold) directly, but I think that's because they've got a 3rd party running the site for them.

Not had any delivery issues when I have ordered from them.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

MrC

BMWPartsOnline

Post by MrC » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Thanks for the reply, the top link is indeed the website in question, I have since done some further digging and it appears to be pot luck if you receive good from this business or not. I’ve been to bmw directly who can get me the parts tomorrow I just need to somehow chase bmwpartsonline for a refund.

In future I will try your link, thank you for sending it through.

grumps

BMWPartsOnline

Post by grumps » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:17 pm

I'm having similar problems with them. I ordered some new heated washer jets at the beginning of last week expecting them to be delivered by return. Quick as a flash, nothing happened apart from an acknowledgment of my order.

The link to 'My Account' on their website doesn't work so I tried calling them today. They answered but the 'operators were all busy' and will call me back. The next step for me is to give them a required delivery date by email and if they don't produce the goods, I'll put the credit card payment in dispute.
Start the day with a smile, get it over with.

Bog standard 2007 3.0si manual E86 in Montego blue with black leather, currently fitted with MV2s

MrC

BMWPartsOnline

Post by MrC » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi Grumps

Seems to be the same story, my account doesn't work either. I have given him the delivery date requirement, that has now passed. I have now emailed, text, called and left messages stating the need for a refund, I will give him the required time then escalate the matter further. It would be nice to be able to put a stop to him as it appears to be happening a lot looking at other BMW forums.

The office number is a 3rd party answering service who have no contact with Daniel except for the his mobile number which he always appears to not answer. I have tried to get further details on the answering service but it is their company policy not to disclose their company trading name apparently, the woman who I spoke to said she would pass a message on to her boss who will call me back, I'm not holding out hope unfortunately.

Next stop is to contact the bank to get my money back, then on to trading standards.

grumps

BMWPartsOnline

Post by grumps » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:59 pm

I'm wondering if they're linked to Stratstone in Harrogate?

Bog standard 2007 3.0si manual E86 in Montego blue with black leather, currently fitted with MV2s

MrC

BMWPartsOnline

Post by MrC » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:30 am

Cant find anything to suggest so, in fact there is very little information online about them. Definitely a lesson learnt the hard way!

grumps

BMWPartsOnline

Post by grumps » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:28 am

I take it all back. My parts arrived in the post this morning. Delivery was very slow and the comms were rubbish but the price was good! :thumbsup: