Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Brake discs replacement

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
CHIMV8

Brake discs replacement

Post by CHIMV8 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi
Any common ground, for replacement discs front and rear,been on internet and there are a load of them at all prices?
Sterling Grey 3.0

krish

Brake discs replacement

Post by krish » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Recently changed my discs and pads. I always use Brembo OE equipment.

Both GSF and Euro have weekend discounts. I got 62% off Brembo discs and pads for my 3.0si Coupe. Total price was £202 all in.

Fitted them myself.

Can't go wrong with them :thumbsup:

krish

Brake discs replacement

Post by krish » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:10 pm

euro have 37% off - promo code WEEKEND37
carparts4less also have a sale on - promo code WEEKEND14
No discounts at gsf at the moment.

Check both with your reg as the starting price at carparts4less is normally lower than euro.

Doddsy

Brake discs replacement

Post by Doddsy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:08 pm

krish wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:06 pm Recently changed my discs and pads. I always use Brembo OE equipment.

Both GSF and Euro have weekend discounts. I got 62% off Brembo discs and pads for my 3.0si Coupe. Total price was £202 all in.

Fitted them myself.

Can't go wrong with them :thumbsup:
+1 :thumbsup: Also bought brembo pads and discs all round from Euro with that discount
Now: Z4MC Titan Silver
Gone: E86 3.0Si Sport Titan Silver - M exhaust + bumper - Battery Relocated - Aero Front
E86 3.0Si Sport Silver Grey - Carbon Diffuser - Aero Kit - B/Box Mod - Storm MW V2
E85 2.5 Si Sport Titan Silver

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Brake discs replacement

Post by patriot66 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:06 pm

Another with Brembo discs and pads here. I've tried Pagid, Mtec, EBC etc on three different BMWs over the years and Brembo are without a doubt the best I've fitted. :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Brake discs replacement

Post by Ewazix » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:17 pm

Textar are an OEM supplier for BMW (Textar are actually part of TMD who also make Pagid and Mintex)

Jurid are part of Bendix and make after-market OE Quality brakes. ATE (Part of Continental Tyres) again are after-market OE quality.

Brembo are the OEM for most German manufacturers except BMW and also make 'AP Racing' brakes

Euro regulations prevent any Disc or pad sold for road use performing by + or - 15% differently to the original specification. So as long as it's a genuine Euro-stamped make there is little chance that you will actually detect a difference in performance between road spec discs/pads, and any improvement in one area of performance usually requires a compromise in another e.g. fade Vs initial/cold bite.

You can't go wrong with any of the big names and I doubt an average road user can tell any difference between them in a blind test.

Euro regs http://www.unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/tran ... r3e_01.pdf
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Brake discs replacement

Post by MACK » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:36 pm

krish wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:10 pm euro have 37% off - promo code WEEKEND37
carparts4less also have a sale on - promo code WEEKEND14
No discounts at gsf at the moment.

Check both with your reg as the starting price at carparts4less is normally lower than euro.
There's 58% off a gsf at the moment. See my ongoing thread in the discounts section on here for the code
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Brake discs replacement

Post by MACK » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:40 pm

I went with brembo discs and textar epads for less dust. On my 3.0 with bigger 3.0si front brakes the cost for both the front and rear was £225 with discounts etc. Although nearly twice the price the epads create alot less dust than their standard equivalents and the small amounts of dust they generate come off alot easier
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Z4 Gaz

Brake discs replacement

Post by Z4 Gaz » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:52 pm

If you know the part number you can almost always find the part cheaper via google/ebay, no matter what super duper offer ECP/gsf have on.

Is yours a pre or post facelift?

I just fitted Ferodo discs and pads for my SI front brakes for £110. Ferodo are easily as good, if not better than Brembo when it comes to pads. I fitted Ferodo Premier Eco Friction. They are a non copper compound pad, and in some test rated between 10-17% better than the OE spec pads on a few different vehicles. Cheap too at £37 for the front axle. The discs came fully painted, so no rust issues to worry about.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Brand-New ... 2749.l2649
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ferodo-FDB47 ... 2749.l2649

Avoid Jurid, they are cheap s**t. Had the miss fortune of them being fitted on an old Focus ST we had, and my god they were bad. Replaced with Ferodo Premiers and the difference was night and day.
E85 3.0i

shuey

Brake discs replacement

Post by shuey » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:25 am

I've just ordered new front brakes from Carparts4less. Way cheaper then ECP.
I've gone for the premium Brembo grooved discs, with brembo pads - £205 with wear sensors and delivery.

If your in no rush CHIMV8 - I might actually have a spare set of new / unopened Pagid front discs, pads and sensors, which I'll prob offer 50 quid cheaper than the going price.

Reason being the ones on my car have warped - and Eurocarparts might give me a like for like replacement as the brakes are only 5 months old. The only issue is whether they'll give me replacement set - as the previous owner of my car fitted the brakes and receipt is under his name...
M2 OG / Manual / Grey

Previous
Z4C Si Sport / Manual / Alpine White
350Z VQ35DE / Manual / Silver
Seat Leon Cupra MKII / Manual / Silver
Ford Puma 1.7
Rover 214 Si (I know!)

wonkydonkey

Brake discs replacement

Post by wonkydonkey » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:34 am

I've been using Mintex products for a few years now with zero issues. £57 for rear discs and pads, £54 for front discs and pads. Personally I wouldn't pay double for Brembo. If I used the car on track and had used several different combinations and found a noticeable difference it would be different, but with good performance, no fade and no warping, I've been more than happy with the Mintex equipment. As mentioned above, Mintex are apparently under the umbrella of BMW OEM equipment anyway.

Rear discs/pads:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2374359661

Front discs/pads:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2381192817
Last edited by wonkydonkey on Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Previous:
~2006 Z4MR in Silver Grey
~2003 3.0i E85 in Sterling Grey

Click here for the Sticky Steering thread
<My name is James>

CHIMV8

Brake discs replacement

Post by CHIMV8 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:59 am

wonkydonkey wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:34 am I've been using Mintex products for a few years now with zero issues. £55 for rear discs and pads, £52 for front discs and pads. Personally I wouldn't pay double for Brembo. If I used the car on track and had used several different combinations and found a noticeable difference it would be different, but with good performance, no fade and no warping, I've been more than happy with the Mintex equipment. As mentioned above, Mintex are apparently under the umbrella of BMW OEM equipment anyway.
Have you a link that I could order with?
Sterling Grey 3.0

wonkydonkey

Brake discs replacement

Post by wonkydonkey » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:28 am

CHIMV8 links now added to my original reply :)
Previous:
~2006 Z4MR in Silver Grey
~2003 3.0i E85 in Sterling Grey

Click here for the Sticky Steering thread
<My name is James>

Silverzedtom

Brake discs replacement

Post by Silverzedtom » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:39 am

I went for Mtec drilled as I fancied a bit of bling behind the wheel. I paired them with yellow stuff pads and have found them much more resistant to fading however most of that will be the pads.

Not all the reviews for Mtec disks are brilliant, some mention warping but so far I’d reccomend them :thumbsup:
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

skelters

Brake discs replacement

Post by skelters » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Brembo disc and pads along with HEL braised hoses were fitted in February. Not had any problems.

Got them at the Black Friday Sale whatever that is on the ECP site as they were the cheapest at the time of purchase in November.

Get the calipers painted at the same time.
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!