Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New car

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
redtailed78

New car

Post by redtailed78 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:51 am

Scott94 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:07 pm Hi all,

Looking to get an E85 or 86 ... recently got a new job and will be traveling 58 miles each day round trip, I fancy something that I will really enjoy driving! I usually buy newer cars - year or two old but fancy an older one and sick of depreciation - have always been scared of an older car for some reason, also fancy learning how to do a few things by myself!

So what tips do you have when buying an older Z4? Should I be looking at mileage? Is there any reason to not go for one with 100k+? What key things should have been done by certain mileage marks? Etc any any general tips! I’ve looked through a few old threads but just asking again for anything new!

Lastly, what kinds of real world mpg you getting on a 3.0? (Preferred engine) ... 55 of the 58 miles will be motorway driving so if I got the 3.0 what should I expect? Or should I really be thinking about another engine for better mpg??

**quick edit - has been asked before but just making sure an E85 and E86 can - do these cars fit golf bag and clubs in the boot?

Looking forward to being part of the club!

Cheers,

Scott
I tried mine at the weekend, loads of room in the boot after putting the bag in, could probably fit a folding trolley in as well. The boot is surprisingly large in the Z's

I'm not sure whether the later cars with the tin tops would have space issues but no issues with the soft top :thumbsup:
2006 3.0lSi Sport :driving:
19" 313 alloys
Brembo Brake Upgrade
K&N Panel Filter
Back Box Delete

Z4 COUPSTER

New car

Post by Z4 COUPSTER » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:52 pm

redtailed78 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:51 am
Scott94 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:07 pm Hi all,

Looking to get an E85 or 86 ... recently got a new job and will be traveling 58 miles each day round trip, I fancy something that I will really enjoy driving! I usually buy newer cars - year or two old but fancy an older one and sick of depreciation - have always been scared of an older car for some reason, also fancy learning how to do a few things by myself!

So what tips do you have when buying an older Z4? Should I be looking at mileage? Is there any reason to not go for one with 100k+? What key things should have been done by certain mileage marks? Etc any any general tips! I’ve looked through a few old threads but just asking again for anything new!

Lastly, what kinds of real world mpg you getting on a 3.0? (Preferred engine) ... 55 of the 58 miles will be motorway driving so if I got the 3.0 what should I expect? Or should I really be thinking about another engine for better mpg??

**quick edit - has been asked before but just making sure an E85 and E86 can - do these cars fit golf bag and clubs in the boot?

Looking forward to being part of the club!

Cheers,

Scott
I tried mine at the weekend, loads of room in the boot after putting the bag in, could probably fit a folding trolley in as well. The boot is surprisingly large in the Z's

I'm not sure whether the later cars with the tin tops would have space issues but no issues with the soft top :thumbsup:
Tiny with roof down. It's,always been my thing with the Zds even the Z3 has an ample boot for trips,away.
D
:thumbsup: Z in da Head.
3.0i Z3 sport,sapphire black,3.0i Z4 roadster Sterling grey,auto,Z4 3.0si Coupe Titanium silver,Stubby &B06 Plus some other German beauties!!

redtailed78

New car

Post by redtailed78 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:12 pm

[/quote]
Tiny with roof down. It's,always been my thing with the Zds even the Z3 has an ample boot for trips,away.
D
[/quote]
ah, i remember from the test drives the boot being smaller and trying to get stuff out with the roof down it's like a letterbox :o

We are taking the tent when we head to Alton Towers in a few weeks so will be interesting how much crap the wife will fit in :lol:
2006 3.0lSi Sport :driving:
19" 313 alloys
Brembo Brake Upgrade
K&N Panel Filter
Back Box Delete

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

New car

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:45 pm

redtailed78 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:12 pm We are taking the tent when we head to Alton Towers in a few weeks so will be interesting how much crap the wife will fit in
You'd get much more in the boot if you had the proper "tin-top"! :P :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Scott94

New car

Post by Scott94 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:30 pm

Hey folks,

Apologies I haven't been back in touch! Thanks everyone for their responses.

To the two Scottish folk - Stripler and Redtailed cheers! Stripler would be good if you could keep an eye out - even seeing your Z4 before you move would be great!

There have been a few cars on autotrader that have came up that I would be interested in!

Should I be worried about driving an older Z4 about 15k miles a year?

I really want to test drive one!

Cheers,

Scott