Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4C wheel alignment

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Thermaltake

Z4C wheel alignment

Post by Thermaltake » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:07 pm

Done some searching but couldnt find any conclusive answers for the coupe.

After fitting eibachs ands new tyres, I need to get the alignment done. Is it best to stick with the standard z4c geo settings as the fancy hunter/kds machines will provide.

Saw some people mentions using m3 csl settings etc is that only for the Z4MC?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thermaltake

Z4C wheel alignment

Post by Thermaltake » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:13 am

Nobody seemed to help with my last query, hopefully this one will garner more response.

Been looking into alignment settings and reading around.

One thing thats still confusing me is adding ballast weight to the car for alignment. I believe part of the the alignment procedure for bmw's is to add weight to the car, from what ive read its 68kg in driver and passenger seat and possible weight in the boot aswell. there seems to be conflicting info on wether people get alignment done with this or without and what the point of adding weight is.

Some believe its just to simulate a generic weight carried in the car others to but it to a baseline bmw spec to make adjustments from.

My cars on eibachs so getting it to a base spec ride height is not really relevant, i am normally the only person in the car and nothing in the boot, so if the ballast is purely to account for load, Would it be best to just load the driver seat with the equivalent
of my weight.

Also does anyone have the z4m/z4mc and csl specs?

philbo909

Z4C wheel alignment

Post by philbo909 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:30 am

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=107556
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40552
Loads of threads on this sort of stuff, go to an alignment shop who know their stuff to set it up is my advice
Weighing the car down is common practice, but you could just ask them not to
Sapphire black z4 coupe 135,000miles young

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Z4C wheel alignment

Post by Scooba_Steve » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:34 pm

Specs on TIS:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e86- ... t/3lhDShhJ

I've seen it both listed, i.e. Weight it regardless and also weight only needed to get it within normal ride height.
My preference would be to replicate your own usual conditions.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.