Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Question for those who use NCS Dummy/Expert

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
MalNCH

Post by MalNCH » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:48 pm

I'm 99.99% certain I have this right but just checking with those who use it.
You load a trace file in DUMMY so you can view/change the check boxes for an option you want to change, you export the trace file (which has an extension of .man) and load it into EXPERT so you can actually change that option?
2004 E85 3.0i, Titan Silver Metallic.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:42 am

You use NCS Expert to connect to, read and/or download the module you want. This is a trace file .trc

You then open this TRC in NCS Dummy or notepad and edit the options you want. Then export/save the changes as MAN. Use NCS Expert to 'upload' back to the car and you're done.

Be careful with the NCS Expert options, the default job is SG_CODIEREN which will write to the selected module using the values in FSW_PSW.MAN

CODIERDATEN_LESSEN is read.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

MalNCH

Post by MalNCH » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:47 am

Scooba_Steve wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:42 am You use NCS Expert to connect to, read and/or download the module you want. This is a trace file .trc

You then open this TRC in NCS Dummy or notepad and edit the options you want. Then export/save the changes as MAN. Use NCS Expert to 'upload' back to the car and you're done.

Be careful with the NCS Expert options, the default job is SG_CODIEREN which will write to the selected module using the values in FSW_PSW.MAN

CODIERDATEN_LESSEN is read.
Thanks, that's the process I meant, you've explained it better than me.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:10 am

I think you got the idea, just be careful read vs write :thumbsup:
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

MalNCH

Post by MalNCH » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:02 pm

Scooba_Steve wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:10 am I think you got the idea, just be careful read vs write :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:

AngryZed

Post by AngryZed » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:01 pm

Also pick the correct profile for the job - for most jobs I use revtors NCS dummy profile (ver4) which has manipulation enabled.
I'm assuming you already are using this profile - since you have NCS dummy.

If you start using other software to flash/program modules - make sure to put the car on good charger while doing so
2005 E85 3.0i 6sp Manual Black USA spec.
2008 Cbr 600-RR - Track use - back home
1994 Cbr 600 F2 - Sold