Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Stace+ Coilovers

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
roesroyce

Stace+ Coilovers

Post by roesroyce » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:31 pm

old thread but also interested in the stance as my shocks are shot.
Only question is do they require wheel spacers or is there plenty of room ?
Cheers

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Stace+ Coilovers

Post by jamie_z4 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:46 pm

you need 5mm to clear style 108/MV2- best play it safe n go for 12mm front
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

roesroyce

Stace+ Coilovers

Post by roesroyce » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:37 pm

Ok great thanks Jamie :thumbsup:

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Stace+ Coilovers

Post by jamie_z4 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:25 pm

no prob pal
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

Him

Stace+ Coilovers

Post by Him » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:09 pm

Hi, bit of a thread resurrection, I just fitted my stance+ shocks and indeed ride is night and day, only issue is a slight clonk rear passenger side. I was wondering if it was because I chose not to fit the lower rubber rings on rear springs as they simply did not fit the purple adjusters for these springs. Basically my question is dod you reuse the rear pads for the back springs and did your adjuster go at the bottom or top?

Mine currently has top rubber, spring then purple adjuster sitting on the lower arm just worries me that it has quite a bit of space to move around.

Just curious how you fiitted your rear springs?
3.0 msport |msport seats | dsp stereo | cd changer | blue tooth prep | hardtop prep |powder coated bbs 108's.. pretty much everything bar the nav.. which is nice

AveZ4coop

Stace+ Coilovers

Post by AveZ4coop » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:14 pm

I am interested in these too. :thumbsup:
Montego blue 2006 BMW Z4 coupe 3.0si with black interior, ZHP, Whippy, 12mm front/16mm rear spacers on BBS 108's wrapped in Michelin PS4's. :driving:Brand new Pierburg water pump fitted at 101k after failure :cry: (should have done it at 100k) :headbang:

Him

Stace+ Coilovers

Post by Him » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:27 pm

I was told by venom motorsport that the adjuster on the rear should go at the top, then the spring sitting on the lower rubber pad... I may have put mine in upside down lol... still its a fairly simple thing to sort out haha
3.0 msport |msport seats | dsp stereo | cd changer | blue tooth prep | hardtop prep |powder coated bbs 108's.. pretty much everything bar the nav.. which is nice

Big Andra

Stace+ Coilovers

Post by Big Andra » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:16 pm

Him wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:27 pm I was told by venom motorsport that the adjuster on the rear should go at the top, then the spring sitting on the lower rubber pad... I may have put mine in upside down lol... still its a fairly simple thing to sort out haha
I had the same problem. I tried the adjuster on top, bottom and removed completely and I still had the clinking noise. Turned out it was the coils of the springs touching while compressing. I removed them and stuck some eibach springs in instead and I've had no probs since. My adjusters kept winding themselves down also which was quite annoying.
2009 E89 2.5 Alpine white.

Him

Stace+ Coilovers

Post by Him » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:35 pm

Big Andra wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:16 pm
Him wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:27 pm I was told by venom motorsport that the adjuster on the rear should go at the top, then the spring sitting on the lower rubber pad... I may have put mine in upside down lol... still its a fairly simple thing to sort out haha
I had the same problem. I tried the adjuster on top, bottom and removed completely and I still had the clinking noise. Turned out it was the coils of the springs touching while compressing. I removed them and stuck some eibach springs in instead and I've had no probs since. My adjusters kept winding themselves down also which was quite annoying.
Good to know, can I ask which Eibach springs did you use in the end?

Big Andra

Stace+ Coilovers

Post by Big Andra » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:36 pm

Eibach pro
2009 E89 2.5 Alpine white.

Him

Stace+ Coilovers

Post by Him » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:06 pm

well shock are in... thoughts,

Ride is not bad, bit bouncy but better than old ones and car passed its mot today.. yey..

after 10 mile drive a click from rear and a clonk from the front, god dammut :headbang:

had a look around, the rear springs are the suspect for rear clonk/click seems the coil spring touch on full compression
as for the front, I have no idea.. check/tightend everything.. still bloody does it. Due to my current mood, tempted to burn the German POS other two thoughts are maybe bump stops are touching the top of the coil over or the top nuts are not tight enough, so in the meantime it's parked up and i'm here venting and ordering a proper socket to do up the strut nuts as a 22mm socket and mole grips just don't seem up to the job... If I can't find it its going into a garage. if still no joy the wife will just have to pay for stock shocks/springs to go back in and the stance+ are going in the bin.

Still..there is a cold beer in the fridge with my name on it.

bearded_ed

Stace+ Coilovers

Post by bearded_ed » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:13 pm

Damn, I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with them!

I guess this is the challenge with stuff that has a generic fitment.

Shame too as my shocks are done at 92k miles.
Current E82 125i M Sport :driving:
SOLD :( 04 Sterling Grey E85 3.0i Manual.

Him

Stace+ Coilovers

Post by Him » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:05 am

bearded_ed wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:13 pm Damn, I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with them!

Found the issue was slightly loose drop link bolt, angry darren is happy darren now, Now I have had a bit of a drive on them now, i would actually say there pretty decent, with the spacer car feels stable even when pushing on. Alignment next should hopefully see better things still.

bearded_ed

Stace+ Coilovers

Post by bearded_ed » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:48 pm

Him wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:05 am
bearded_ed wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:13 pm Damn, I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with them!

Found the issue was slightly loose drop link bolt, angry darren is happy darren now, Now I have had a bit of a drive on them now, i would actually say there pretty decent, with the spacer car feels stable even when pushing on. Alignment next should hopefully see better things still.
Ahh wonderful! That's good news.
Current E82 125i M Sport :driving:
SOLD :( 04 Sterling Grey E85 3.0i Manual.

Chopchop

Stace+ Coilovers

Post by Chopchop » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:11 pm

Apologies for bringing this back from the dead!
The stance plus coil overs and drop links are coming up as £260 currently, any more feedback from users on durability and performance? I wouldn’t be expecting wonders but being able to alter the ride height is appealing and obviously the price is attractive compared to a Bilstein/eibach combo. Any other budget recommendations?