Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Single DIN SatNav with Flip-out screen - any recommendations?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Sky-drive

Post by Sky-drive » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:00 pm

So currently my Zed has had all the aluminium dash removed and the 3 parts have been sent off to be hydro-dipped to achieve a carbon fibre look.

In the meantime I am looking to upgrade and replace the standard BMW stereo and fit in its place instead a single din unit that has satnav, bluetooth and a screen that flips out - can you guys here on the forum make any recommendations?

I've seen the Chinese-made ~£100 units on the net however think I would prefer to avoid any non-branded items - or unless someone can convince me otherwise that these cheap units do actually work!
Xenons | LED S/lights | CF Trim | Royale SW | ZHP | CDV | AUX | DISA | Vanos Refurb | Cruise | MV2s | Roof motor > boot | K&N | Sound Gen | Interior LEDs | E/H seats | Remapped

Rich8

Post by Rich8 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:55 pm

I think your only branded option is pioneer. All the others (Kenwood etc) seem to have moved away from single din flip out screens.
The pioneer one i have needs a separate satnav module.
Its pretty good - i like it. But the downside is with both the headunit and satnav module you dont get change out of £650!!!

Rich8

Post by Rich8 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:56 pm

Someone posted an install of the more recent version of mine on here a week or so ago.

heyitsmatty

Post by heyitsmatty » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:01 am

Hi Sky-Drive, i did an install like this just about a week ago, i'm thinking i am the person Rich8 is talking about. See my documented install of it here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106868