Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Windscreen cracked grrrrrrrr

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Tenko

Post by Tenko » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:39 pm

Bimbling about yesterday, heard a massive thwack on the windscreen, really loud, thought that's lucky not smashed.This a.m. Saw a small spider line from just to the right of the mirror, it has been slowly working its way across the drivers side, not made the other side yet but half way. The stone thrown up by a lorry hit smack bang top dead centre of the screen behind the mirror mount. I've only had the vehicle 2 weeks. Are these particularly thin screens, or was I just unlucky?

bz4kev

Post by bz4kev » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:18 am

I would probably say unlucky is it an original screen or a replacement
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:58 am

The screens are curved, which seems to make them more vulnerable to cracks. Add that to the fact the car is quite low anyway and you have a recipe for disaster.

My Z4 has had 3 (or maybe 4) new windscreens in 6 years :headbang:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.