Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Buying advice please

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Immortalpheasent

Buying advice please

Post by Immortalpheasent » Sat May 26, 2018 9:08 am

Hi folks

Looking for opinions/advise please

i currently have 15 plate M235 with 11500 miles on the clock, which i bought 2.5 years ago (with 1500miles on it)..essentially i dont go anywhere!

As i work from home i thnk its a bit pointless having a new car sat on the driveway not being used. More so, as i just bought the wife a 1 series m sport that we can both use for long journeys (she didnt have a car beore)

So... always loved the m4c and wanted thoughts on what to buy, todays market prices.

Seen a few sub 40k milers going for 28k ish, is that too much

I think i will do 1-2k miles a year, so a low mileage car that will (hopefully) hold its value seems to be the way to go. Thinking the lower the better but probably not many super low cars out there.

As im selling the m235 budget isnt really a concern

any thoughts?

thanks
Duncan

NickDE

Buying advice please

Post by NickDE » Sat May 26, 2018 10:13 am

Thoughts ? Sell me your M235 for a bargain price :D
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Buying advice please

Post by buzyg » Sat May 26, 2018 12:08 pm

Welcome to the forum. :)

Thoughts, keep watching the market and wait a little while untill you find he car you want. Other thought, buy a roadster, they are more fun more of the time, for a weekend toy. :driving:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Buying advice please

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat May 26, 2018 9:26 pm

Welcome to the forum BTW OP. :thumbsup:

It certainly doesn't make much sense having a M235i that hardly gets used!

If you've always loved the E86 shape then it has to be a Coupe rather than a Roadster. If you've always loved the idea of an S54 engine then it has to be an MC!

I loved the shape of the E86 from the first time I saw one. When I was finally in a position to buy one an "M" was out of budget so I bought a 3.0Si for less than 50% of the cost of an M! :)

Kept it 2 years and did just 8,000 miles and foolishly sold it for a little more than I had paid for it (then what I had done sunk in so I had to find another one - which I will be keeping)!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black