Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

All-season Tires

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Silverfox35

All-season Tires

Post by Silverfox35 » Fri May 25, 2018 12:37 pm

Hi guys! I am planning to purchase a set of all-season tires for my 2004 BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster. Is anyone here familiar with Toyo Tires' Proxes 4 Plus? A friend recommended it to me. Any other suggestions?

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

All-season Tires

Post by Scooba_Steve » Fri May 25, 2018 1:04 pm

Honestly, if you want to use the car all year round, get a winter set of wheels and use summer/winter tyres.

It's only the cash up front which you have to find, wheels hold their value and each set of tyres will last twice as long.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

All-season Tires

Post by Ewazix » Fri May 25, 2018 1:11 pm

I've got Toyo Celsius XL (stiffer) all season on my Scooby Forester Turbo which are the standard performance version and they cope better in the summer than the OEM tyres and were fantastic last winter, but they are wearing worryingly fast, probably twice the rate of a summer only tyre. Also any mixed tread pattern is going to be a little noisier. The Proxes 4 Plus are the High Performance version, I'm guessing they will be excellent but will presumably wear a little quickly as well.

I've got Michellin CrossClimate all seasons on another car whilst they are considerably more expensive, wear better and 'feel' more like a summer tyre whilst offering even better winter performance I wouldn't want them on my Z4 for spirited driving, I've a feeling they would lose-it on hot high speed road cornering, be too soft in the sidewall and probably scrub the corners off in no time.

Be interesting to see how Proxes 4 Plus work out 8)
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost