Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Parts interchangeable? Pre-FL/FL, C/R

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
ErrErrminator

Post by ErrErrminator » Mon May 07, 2018 10:43 am

Probably a bit of newbie question, but how interchangeable are parts from faceleft to pre-facelift cars or coupe to roadster? Eg will kidney grills from a FL coupe fit a pre-FL roadster?

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Mon May 07, 2018 2:12 pm

Why would they not? They're the same shape and fit the same holes :lol: :thumbsup:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

ErrErrminator

Post by ErrErrminator » Mon May 07, 2018 4:01 pm

ben g wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:12 pm Why would they not? They're the same shape and fit the same holes :lol: :thumbsup:
Past experience with other manufacturers where things are subtly different. Defies sense and logic to not make things interchangeable, so if BMW have taken the sensible approach I am pleased to hear it. :)

ErrErrminator

Post by ErrErrminator » Wed May 23, 2018 9:37 am

On the same topic, I assume seat from a coupe will go straight into a roadster? What about door cards?

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Wed May 23, 2018 11:48 am

Yes all the stuff you've mentioned is physically interchangeable. The only real issue is if you want facelift rear lights you also need the bumper etc and to reprogram the light module or you can get them to work with a bit of a rewire . Pre to post halogens are plug and play, Xenons arent so easy (flash to pass is the issue) but can be made to work with a post facelift light module or a bit of a rewire/coding a few options etc. Adding cruise/heated seats is easier on pre 09/04 cars as they have the wiring looms in situ. After that date you have to add the wiring looms which complicates things. Think that's about it, but I'm sure others will point out anything I've missed
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)