Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Nexus 7 Retro fit

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
rwinstanley85

Nexus 7 Retro fit

Post by rwinstanley85 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:23 pm

Can this go in a 2003 E85? If so what do I need buy ?
Read it is a nexus 7, dash command app & a kernel .

Help please

Monkeydonkeyratmagic

Nexus 7 Retro fit

Post by Monkeydonkeyratmagic » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:31 pm

Don't think it actually got completed. Also it's not the fitting of it that's hard. That's easy.

The hard part is getting to not only power on with ignition but also to power off. The how do was left incomplete.
Haven't seen one on here that's actually up and running yet.
MR-2 Turbo Rev2

Yep no Z yet. On the hunt.

IAmOrion

Nexus 7 Retro fit

Post by IAmOrion » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:54 pm

Monkeydonkeyratmagic wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:31 pm Don't think it actually got completed. Also it's not the fitting of it that's hard. That's easy.

The hard part is getting to not only power on with ignition but also to power off. The how do was left incomplete.
Haven't seen one on here that's actually up and running yet.
Actually, the powering on and off is also easy. You need Timur's USB Host Kernel & A USB-Y Cable. Wire that into an ignition feed and the tablet will wake and sleep with the ignition.

http://mehrvarz.github.io/nexus-7-kernel-download-page/

I Sold my Nexus 7 2013 sometime ago here on the forum. I've done this previously in multiple cars I've had (BMW 330 Ci, Landrover, Saab 93). I did start with it in my Z4 too but I then opted for a double din Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB (upgraded from SPH-DA120) purely because I wanted Apple CarPlay

You need to unlock the bootloader (easy), root the device (easy ish) then flash a custom rom (easy ish)
NO LONGER OWN A Z4 SO NOT AS ACTIVE HERE ANYMORE (IF AT ALL).
I STILL OFFER FREE CARLY CODING & EWS KEY/TRANSPONDER CODING AT MY HOME
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Z4DIYCustomMods/