Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Would anyone be interested in being able to see how their car looks with new wheels/bumpers/paint etc before spending ££

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
AC5L4T3R

Would anyone be interested in being able to see how their car looks with new wheels/bumpers/paint etc before spending ££

Post by AC5L4T3R » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:38 pm

So for the last 12 years or so I've had two main interests, cars and CGI which has lead to me having a career as an Automotive CGI Artist (sounds fancy) and at my current job I help make pretty much all of the Mercedes AMG images for their cars, if you go on their website right now, 9/10 pictures of an AMG you see will have been made with my help. I have my own work that I do in my spare time on this website: https://www.behance.net/AC5L4T3R.

The last few weeks I've been thinking of all the things I want to do before Summer arrives..lowering it, tinting parts, new wheels etc and I thought why not just do it in 3D, then I can see if I like it or not... Then I thought of here and how many people are probably going through the same though process as me, so here I am.

Cost wise, it'll all depend on the job - for example, new wheels I'd have to create myself which could take maybe an evening or two, where as changing the colour of the paint takes an hour or less, either way I wouldn't charge an arm and a leg. It's something I enjoy and always a challenge.

If anyone's interested let me know, currently I have a Coupe model but I will have to make a Roadster version which might take some time.
2003 Sterling Grey 2.5i - RHD car living in a LHD country.