Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wezmoto brake lines any good?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Magicarcher

Post by Magicarcher » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:08 pm

Has anyone heard of Wezmoto stainless brake lines, I have never heard of them and wondered if anyone has used them.

Link here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wezmoto-Brai ... 3107301367
Z4 3.0L 2005. Titan Silver. Audio Upgrade Second Stereo Pioneer X8700DAB, Sony Xplode 4 x 70W Amp, 6.5" Reckhorn Subs in rear cubby, Focal AS165-3 in fronts.

skelters

Post by skelters » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:23 pm

No idea.

There are some decent comments here from mobile organ donors.... https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/top ... &t=1508183
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

Davz

Post by Davz » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:50 pm

well liked in the biker world, good reviews. Made in the UK.

If i'm not sure about something I always do a company check as it can throw up a dodgy past of the directors. Clean bill of health for Wezmoto, husband and wife or brother/sister team, proper industrial premises for manufacturing and listed as manufacturers not retailers, with uk suppliers for parts, so no rubbish just imported from china or india.

With a lifetime warranty you can't go wrong......although there maybe a get out clause for the manufacturer!

If you pull the trigger I would be interested in some feedback.
2006 2.5 Monaco blue, orange footwell lights, Blue boot lights, 20/15mm wheel spacers, Buckley06 gear knob, Aux, MV2's, M pedals, Eibachs, Bilstein B4's, Whiteline front ARB. H&R rear ARB. Roof motor relocated, Alpine speakers, Xenons.

andystone

Post by andystone » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:39 pm

I am looking to buy these myself
2005 e85 z4, 2.5

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:52 pm

I have them on mine. Looked great quality but haven’t actually driven the car much with them only about 2-3 miles.

I thought they where well made.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Davz

Post by Davz » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:19 pm

Have you thought about contacting them direct via their website. You may get them cheaper by avoiding the ebay rip off fees
2006 2.5 Monaco blue, orange footwell lights, Blue boot lights, 20/15mm wheel spacers, Buckley06 gear knob, Aux, MV2's, M pedals, Eibachs, Bilstein B4's, Whiteline front ARB. H&R rear ARB. Roof motor relocated, Alpine speakers, Xenons.

LittleZ4

Post by LittleZ4 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:56 am

I'd be interested in what you think if of these. I'm looking at getting a set for my rebuild. Feel free to test extensively......I got plenty of time yet ;)
3.0i Maldives blue, Coilovers, Bola B1's, Buckley06 Gear knob, Handbrake & Indicator badges, Backbox delete, CDV delete, cupra r splitter, RAM air filter, Bigger Brakes, M3 ARB, SMF.

Magicarcher

Post by Magicarcher » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:18 pm

Davz wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:19 pm Have you thought about contacting them direct via their website. You may get them cheaper by avoiding the ebay rip off fees
That is the interesting bit, there is a wezmoto website, when I looked at it I realised it was just motorbikes. So I contacted them to see if they do cars as well. I was told they don't do car brake hoses only motorbikes. So I referred them to ebay and asked "what about these then" to which they replied, oh that must be another franchise, you need to contact them, so not really sure who Wezmoto are! so are they made under franchise or distributed under franchise?
Z4 3.0L 2005. Titan Silver. Audio Upgrade Second Stereo Pioneer X8700DAB, Sony Xplode 4 x 70W Amp, 6.5" Reckhorn Subs in rear cubby, Focal AS165-3 in fronts.

Davz

Post by Davz » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:40 am

Magicarcher wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:18 pm That is the interesting bit, there is a wezmoto website, when I looked at it I realised it was just motorbikes. So I contacted them to see if they do cars as well. I was told they don't do car brake hoses only motorbikes. So I referred them to ebay and asked "what about these then" to which they replied, oh that must be another franchise, you need to contact them, so not really sure who Wezmoto are! so are they made under franchise or distributed under franchise?
I've also found out an interesting bit too! Seems Wezmoto ltd is owned by Susan and Mark Carnell who used to be directors or a company called Business Equipment Technology ltd......the interesting bit, another director of betl was Liam Baggely who just so happens to be the Ebay trader for Wezmoto-cars, a small world you might say!

On the Wezmoto website they claim to use UK made parts and assembly, I assume the assembly takes place at their manufacturing facility in Devon, so who is the franchiser? How does Wezmoto-cars fit into this considering they all know each other? Wezmoto-cars is not registered as a business and Liam Baggely is not registered as a director of any business.
Are they both just importing the brake lines from the same factory in the far east?

Magicarcher

Post by Magicarcher » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:03 pm

Davz wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:40 am
Magicarcher wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:18 pm That is the interesting bit, there is a wezmoto website, when I looked at it I realised it was just motorbikes. So I contacted them to see if they do cars as well. I was told they don't do car brake hoses only motorbikes. So I referred them to ebay and asked "what about these then" to which they replied, oh that must be another franchise, you need to contact them, so not really sure who Wezmoto are! so are they made under franchise or distributed under franchise?
I've also found out an interesting bit too! Seems Wezmoto ltd is owned by Susan and Mark Carnell who used to be directors or a company called Business Equipment Technology ltd......the interesting bit, another director of betl was Liam Baggely who just so happens to be the Ebay trader for Wezmoto-cars, a small world you might say!

On the Wezmoto website they claim to use UK made parts and assembly, I assume the assembly takes place at their manufacturing facility in Devon, so who is the franchiser? How does Wezmoto-cars fit into this considering they all know each other? Wezmoto-cars is not registered as a business and Liam Baggely is not registered as a director of any business.
Are they both just importing the brake lines from the same factory in the far east?
All very interesting, I am going to pass at moment.

Grumpyowl
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Grumpyowl » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:16 pm

I'd buy from HEL they are about £120 on eBay for the 6 lines 2 front 4 rear.
I've fitted them to several bikes and the quality is good :thumbsup:
Buy cheap buy twice :roll:

skelters

Post by skelters » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:25 pm

I have the HEL hoses on mine. Questions answered quickly, packaging and delivery was great too. Actually arrived earlier than expected. No issues with the fitting of the hoses.

Others half had the Goodridge hoses.
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

andystone

Post by andystone » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:42 pm

I took the plunge and bought some. Haven’t fitted yet but the quality seems spot on!
E3E35999-5C7E-4EBB-95BB-976C1D980D74.jpeg
E3E35999-5C7E-4EBB-95BB-976C1D980D74.jpeg (312.34 KiB) Viewed 5097 times
2005 e85 z4, 2.5